Close

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    I can only assume (and it's only that—an assumption) that many others have installed this setup successfully, which gives me some hope that there's just a simple error someplace and once corrected everything will just fall into place.
    I dont think anyone's got this set up. And there are a ton of variables between here and austrailia. For them to sell it here, it should be tuned here. I hope they are not taking an austrailian tune and trying to install it on american trucks. The note about slow turn around with a tune coming from down under is not good for more than just the time it takes. Test trucks have different parameters from one state to another in the US. The parameters from a AUS jeep to one in the states is going a wider gap to jump.

I think they will get it sorted out sooner or later, but its going to be the first guys who bought it that give the data required to really sort the tune out here on our atmospheric pressure and the gas we use. (and im sure a lot of other variables)

The OP has this setup and it seems to be working fine. I assumed he was here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    Nope... I'm getting pretty frustrated. Up to this point, it's been all diagnostic. There has been plenty of email back and forth, but nothing of consequence. We found that the MAP sensor that came with the kit was not working correctly,
    Are the lights on your dash going crazy? Lightning bolts and what not? I had a bad map sensor once, We were in the rockies in a blizzard when it went. One of the scariest situations ive had in the truck. We had to shut the truck off while driving to get it rebooted. Turned off the ignition at highway speed. Carolina Pete was behind the wheel.

Dont lose heart. Any power mod has hiccups. You are a pioneer on this one, I havent seen one up close yet. What you can at least lean on is that sprintex is a real company, and they cannot afford to have your truck not working. Im confident, they are freaking out to get you sorted. Its going to be hard to sell a lot of these if people are taking them off.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    The OP has this setup and it seems to be working fine. I assumed he was here in the states.
    Ahhh, Im corrected. Icheer4beer's got it....But can he confirm its working fine? He is in the states......

Icheer....any idle problems like recently discribed?

How do they diagnose a bad map sensor?

I thought it was a cylinder misfire code, that might not really be a cylinder misfire unless you feel it misfire. When you get that code with no thunk in the engine, its the map sensor.

Is my info all wrong?

Sprintex 3.6 pentastar install

A bad map sensor wont recognize the manifold pressure thus not fueling the engine correctly. Im trying to figure out what map sensor every company (ripp magnuson procharger prodigy sprintex) are using its got to be the same between them. From what a local tuner told me ripp used to use mopars srt4 map sensor because its whats called a 3 bar sensor being 3 bar can read negative and positive intake pressure and 2 bar map sensor only reading negative manifold pressure (vacuum)

I went through a very similar situation, convinced that I had a bad MAP sensor. When installing the MAG S/C I plugged the MAP sensor connector in upside down. The computer threw a bad MAP sensor code. I figured because I put voltage on the wrong terminal the MAP sensor was shot. Magnuson told me that I couldn't have hurt it and to just flip the connector over and try again. I did and got the same result. Magnuson insisted that MAP sensor was OK and my problem was calibration tuning. And they were right. I sent my tune file to Diablo and they reviewed it for me. Diablo spotted the missing fuel table data and and shared that with Magnuson who had their calibration department fix it and email me a new file. Have you asked Diablo to look over your tune file? Mikel at DiabloSport helped me. They won't re-write your tune file but they will critique it to see if it's right. DiabloSport knows exactly what each S/C manufacturer is doing for calibration. If your file differs from Sprintex tunes used here in the US Mikel may be able to spot what's wrong.

Sorry I've been out of the loop. Too many kids. I love my jeep. I have not had any problems since the original install. I had a bad Diablo tuner. Once that was corrected it was up and running quickly. The other issue I had was a misfire when I hadn't informed them of my after market exhaust.

It doesn't like to be driven cold. It surges and sputters. If I let it warm up for a couple of minutes, no problem. Usually once the idle drops to normal.

The jeep is quick. I have 35' on it and the 3.73 axle. I can spin them if I want. Merging is no longer an event.

Best upgrade ever. I can put a video on YouTube tonight of the acceleration if you want.

Idles fine. No lights on the dash. No codes in the box.

I would love to see a dash video at full throttle and how it shifts!