Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have an auto.. Ross said that Ripps boss has an auto and that it shifts fine. I am going to look to see just how many I can find that are autos and doing good.

I didn't want to hijack the sprintec thread so I am going to post in the ripp one.

Thanks for this thread... Because of the positive information regarding the tune and drivability with the Sprintex 3.6 unit, I bought one today. I have a 2014 unlimited rubicon with an auto, so I'll be sure to follow-up with how well everything works. I'm pretty excited. I strongly considered a Motech V8 installation, but the price of the Sprintex made it a course of action worth exploring.

Speaking of the Ripp, I've read up on it and for a light weight sports car that lives in the upper RPM range, I think centrifugal superchargers are great. However, in a big, heavy SUV, I think the twin screw roots type blowers have a definite advantage. The off-idle power was a huge consideration for me. The peak power figures for the Ripp are very impressive, but not practical for my driving style.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    Thanks for this thread... Because of the positive information regarding the tune and drivability with the Sprintex 3.6 unit, I bought one today. I have a 2014 unlimited rubicon with an auto, so I'll be sure to follow-up with how well everything works. I'm pretty excited. I strongly considered a Motech V8 installation, but the price of the Sprintex made it a course of action worth exploring.
    has anyone actually installed and tested this thing? Do they guarantee that there will be no "lift to shift" problem? I mean really publicly guarantee it?

rgeorge33, please keep us informed about whats really going on. keep in mind, you are a poineer of this unit.

I was going off the original poster's comments. I don't think Sprintex has made any guarantees about the shifting. I'll report what I find, but I think the original poster's comments are very encouraging. My primary concern is the drivability on a normal basis. However, I'll let you know about the shift behavior once I get it installed and properly tuned.