Close

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idles fine. No lights on the dash. No codes in the box.

I will do it when my son gets home from school and after we upload it I will paste the link.

Sorry I've been out of the loop. Too many kids. I love my jeep. I have not had any problems since the original install. I had a bad Diablo tuner. Once that was corrected it was up and running quickly. The other issue I had was a misfire when I hadn't informed them of my after market exhaust.

It doesn't like to be driven cold. It surges and sputters. If I let it warm up for a couple of minutes, no problem. Usually once the idle drops to normal.

The jeep is quick. I have 35' on it and the 3.73 axle. I can spin them if I want. Merging is no longer an event.

Best upgrade ever. I can put a video on YouTube tonight of the acceleration if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    How do they diagnose a bad map sensor?

I thought it was a cylinder misfire code, that might not really be a cylinder misfire unless you feel it misfire. When you get that code with no thunk in the engine, its the map sensor.

Is my info all wrong?
    We looked at the BARO reading with the key on and engine off, which gave them an idea of the baseline. It wasn't what they expected, so that's the test.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    I went through a very similar situation, convinced that I had a bad MAP sensor. When installing the MAG S/C I plugged the MAP sensor connector in upside down. The computer threw a bad MAP sensor code. I figured because I put voltage on the wrong terminal the MAP sensor was shot. Magnuson told me that I couldn't have hurt it and to just flip the connector over and try again. I did and got the same result. Magnuson insisted that MAP sensor was OK and my problem was calibration tuning. And they were right. I sent my tune file to Diablo and they reviewed it for me. Diablo spotted the missing fuel table data and and shared that with Magnuson who had their calibration department fix it and email me a new file. Have you asked Diablo to look over your tune file? Mikel at DiabloSport helped me. They won't re-write your tune file but they will critique it to see if it's right. DiabloSport knows exactly what each S/C manufacturer is doing for calibration. If your file differs from Sprintex tunes used here in the US Mikel may be able to spot what's wrong.
    I'm working with Mike Litsch from Diablosport and Gary Turner from Sprintex USA. Both guys seem to be giving my problem honest effort. They've both looked at the variables and both agree that the MAP seems to be the culprit. I'm just frustrated, but these things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    Sorry I've been out of the loop. Too many kids. I love my jeep. I have not had any problems since the original install. I had a bad Diablo tuner. Once that was corrected it was up and running quickly. The other issue I had was a misfire when I hadn't informed them of my after market exhaust.

It doesn't like to be driven cold. It surges and sputters. If I let it warm up for a couple of minutes, no problem. Usually once the idle drops to normal.

The jeep is quick. I have 35' on it and the 3.73 axle. I can spin them if I want. Merging is no longer an event.

Best upgrade ever. I can put a video on YouTube tonight of the acceleration if you want.
    I appreciate you starting this post and giving a favorable report. It's hopeful for my situation. I'm looking forward to your video when you get a chance to post it. I'll live vicariously through you.

I would love to see a dash video at full throttle and how it shifts!

Here's the link :
    Last edited by JeepLab; 12-19-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    That's awesome! I'm very jealous.

No Joy

I received the new MAP a little bit ago, and it didn't change anything. I hope Gary and Mike can figure something out tomorrow, because I'm sure they won't mess with it over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    That's awesome! I'm very jealous.
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    I received the new MAP a little bit ago, and it didn't change anything. I hope Gary and Mike can figure something out tomorrow, because I'm sure they won't mess with it over the weekend.
    Hope so too. No Jeep for a week would make me super grumpy.

that video is great. That SC whine is very cool to hear.

Stay positive rgeorge, that scream is in your truck too. Just have to get it sorted out. Once fixed you wont remember any of the current misery.