Close

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Couple of other things you might want to try. . . disconnect the negative battery cable and clear the system. Reload your factory tune as if you were going back to stock. Make sure you have a good Diablo tool because bad tools or bad firmware can cause blocks of data to go unwritten in the truck's computer. Back up factory tune again and then reload Sprintex's tune. I apologize if this is stuff you've already done.

Here's a great write up on how MAP sensors work and what they do. And I stand corrected. The bench voltage on a 2 bar MAP sensor may be as low as 2.5v for a properly working sensor.

http://www.wellsve.com/ds_map.html

Thanks for all the information, gbaumann. Mike sent me an alternate tune to try today, which I just tried with no luck. Gary and Jay from Sprintex are convinced that it's a bad harness... I'm not sure why -- they didn't share their logic with me. I'm supposed to receive the harness tomorrow, so I guess I'll wait and see. If I get a chance, I may dig out my multimeter and check out one of the MAPs. I have family holiday obligations this weekend, so my diagnostic time with the jeep is limited.

We've tried restoring and reloading the tune. I've cleared codes with the diablosport, my obdlink software, and have removed the battery terminals to clear the learned memory. I've shared what short log files I've been able to capture, so they can look at all the sensor feedback. In between my obligations tomorrow. I hope to get the harness installed and see what that does. We'll see. Thanks again for your suggestions. I will have more time next week, so I'll dig into your info and see what I get.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support -- especially gbaumann for the MAP education and Icheer4beer for the initial post. Even though Gary overnighted the MAP adapter wiring harness, I lack the kind of patience it takes to wait a day. I pulled the harness and checked continuity, which was fine. Then I looked at the wires and compared it to a Bosch diagram for a similar MAP sensor. SPRINTEX CROSSED THE +5 V LEAD AND THE OUTPUT LEAD!!! I cut the two wires, soldered the inverse connections, covered the joints with heat shrink, and it started and purred like a kitten! It's 32 degrees and misting in KC, so I didn't drive much tonight, but I'll drive it tomorrow to the activities I have to attend. I'm excited to say the least. Thanks again to everyone that offered advice or encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    IT'S ALIVE!!!!
    That is AWESOME news! I knew it had to be something simple.

Of course, while I'm glad you're up and running, I am now questioning Sprintex's quality control...

Let us know how it works out over the weekend—shifting in particular. Very interested in hearing your experience with it. Another data point is always good. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    That is AWESOME news! I knew it had to be something simple.

Of course, while I'm glad you're up and running, I am now questioning Sprintex's quality control...

Let us know how it works out over the weekend—shifting in particular. Very interested in hearing your experience with it. Another data point is always good. :-)
    HOORAY!!

Ive been in that boat, where the sky is falling, and it turns out to be a simple fix. For me when you turn the truck over and it makes a terrible noise, you worry that you are hurting engine components and stuff.

Then you get it right, and its like nothing was ever wrong.

Glad you hung in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    HOORAY!!

Ive been in that boat, where the sky is falling, and it turns out to be a simple fix. For me when you turn the truck over and it makes a terrible noise, you worry that you are hurting engine components and stuff.

Glad you hung in there!
    x2. glad it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    HOORAY!!

Glad you hung in there!
    X3. Welcome to the club!

Ok, now tell us how fast it is.

Glad it's working now. The next thing you realize is that your gas mileage sucks, but you don't care because of how much fun it is.