Close

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I pulled the code and 30 minutes later I got a response from Sprintex. The code is associated with the fact I am not running stock exhaust. I have a Gibson dual exit exhaust. So far, I have been getting good customer service. They are going to send me another tune. I will continue to provide feedback for those of you sitting on the fence.

The twin screw is a pretty good setup. Do you notice much difference on around town driving? On Ramps, that kind of thing. The boost seems to come on right from the very bottom so I would imagine it has to feel like a much bigger motor.

Sprintex 3.6 pentastar install

Post some pics up i want to see sprintexs setup. Also when does boost start to build in your setup cause id ve very weary of alot of boost low down being the engine cant push it out as effeciently as it can at higher rpm

that misfire is troubling. keep us posted on weather you get that code again. Also, whats the year of the jeep?

(sorry if its posted already)

It's a 12 Auto with 3.73's and 35's I also just realized that these kits come with a Hypertech instead of a Diablo.
    Last edited by Gunner; 11-01-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    It's a 12 Auto with 3.73's and 35's I also just realized that these kits come with a Hypertech instead of a Diablo.
    what cylinder?

how early in 12 was it delivered? (head problems)

Pics are coming. I am waiting for a little sun and warmth. I am installing new headlights either Monday or Tuesday and I will have the front grill off. I am not doing LED lights. My TIPM didn't like them at all and I was getting multiple electrical faults. I tried both the KC lights and quadratec lights.

I am not having any head problems. I only had the number 5 cylinder misfire once. It's been steady since.

The power comes on strong, but it's very manageable. I don't usually drive in the upper rpm bands. I like to keep it below 4k. The power feels like my old V8. Not quite as powerful but there is no spike in power. It just flows as needed. So, it is a very capable daily driver as long as you can deal with the gas mileage.

The tuner is a Diablo also.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post

I am not having any head problems. I only had the number 5 cylinder misfire once. It's been steady since.
    Great pics. thank you for them.

With regard to someone mentioning possible head problems. I think that the tell tale sign of a faulty head, (wich many 2012s had) is a cylinder 2 misfire. Thats why the guy asked what cylinder you had the misfire in.

Its not a shot at the power mod, its just that lots of 12s had head problems to the point that dealerships were replacing them under warranty. It seems like ancient history now, but in 2012, it seemed like it was all we were talking about. Ticking pentastars with head problems.

BB is an early pentastar. I received her Jan of 12. She was the first RIPP supercharged pentastar jeep, not owned by RIPP. People thought I was crazy letting RIPP put a blower on it with the head problems that were rampant at the time. Not all Jeeps had the problem, but if you did have the parts that were getting replaced, a blower might force a head problem.

If you did have the problem, (im not saying you do), the misfire code will pop again, not the next day, might be a while. If you see it again, then you will want to investigate further.

probably nothing to worry about. Back to sprintex!

I had heard about the '12 head problems. Luckily no ticking Pre or post charging. Sprintex just sent me a tune because of the aftermarket exhaust. I will give it a run tomorrow and provide feedback afterwards.

Again, my only negative feedback is 12 mpg Highway. I have no problem burning premium. I knew that going into the project. I wanted to at least be close to were I started.