Close

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The new tune has been installed and driven. Low end surge is all but gone. Shift points are where I like them and gas mileage is up to 15. That mileage was half of the old tune so not sure what I am getting now, but is definitely better than the old one. Full throttle ping is gone also.

I really like the fact that I never feel the supercharger kick in. I have driven turbos before and you had to wait for the power. Not anymore. The power is there from off the line to the top of my comfort zone. I don't worry about passing or merging in traffic. In responds like a sports sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    The new tune has been installed and driven. Low end surge is all but gone. Shift points are where I like them and gas mileage is up to 15. That mileage was half of the old tune so not sure what I am getting now, but is definitely better than the old one. Full throttle ping is gone also.

I really like the fact that I never feel the supercharger kick in. I have driven turbos before and you had to wait for the power. Not anymore. The power is there from off the line to the top of my comfort zone. I don't worry about passing or merging in traffic. In responds like a sports sedan.
    A word about mileage. Ignore that mileage on your dash. When you calculate mileage, fill your tank and set the odometer to zero.

Then let it run through the tank completely.

Then fill back up. If its 20 gallons on the second fill up, you divide the odometer by the gallons.

So if you got 300 miles, on 20 gallons, You got 15 MPG.

Only real way to see what your getting.

(assuming your tires are set correctly with your diablo unit, dont get me started about how many of us are wrong about that, your nav should match your odometer. But you need a long drive to be absolutley sure)

Great thread! Carry on!

Great news about the shifting. Thats has been a problem on all the autos for everyone. If they have it fixed they have a sweet system going.

The fuel mileage quoted is the old fashioned way of miles driven by fuel to top off. The instrument cluster reads much less.

It seems to shift like stock now. Overall I am very happy with the system.

I am going to wash it today and I install the new headlights. will take better pics of the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    The fuel mileage quoted is the old fashioned way of miles driven by fuel to top off. The instrument cluster reads much less.
    Well done!

the reason i assumed that you used the dash was because you stated earlier that you were getting 12 MPG before then 15 now. Your MPG shouldn't swing that much unless your driving conditions changed from one tank to another.

(like one tank was all town, and the other was all highway)

I think the only thing left is to see if it shifts normally at full throttle. if it does then they really do have a handle on the tune up.

Nevada County, Ca. Live in an old gold mining town.
    The shifting issue is huge and a game changer for them if it is true. All the horror stories from RIPP and Mag owners will make me sit on the sidelines. This information is a game changer for me if they get CARB approval. Keep us informed.

Not to be ignorant, but what shift problems are the other units having? I thought it was a surging issue. I would expect that if I was to go full throttle the shift points would move up to around 6k. I will try and go max blast tomorrow.

The problem others have had, is that the trans won't shift at all when you floor it. You would need to lift off the gas for the auto to shift.

Super pain in the neck if you ask me. with a blower, you want to keep the air moving, when you lift off, you lose what you built.

I give it a try tomorrow and let you know.