Close

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    Keep in mind that the lift-to-shift issue (at least in RIPPs case) is only during "heavy acceleration". I know I don't do too much of that, and honestly, the stock tuning has this issue at times.

That's a great point. I'm looking at the Sprintex solution to increase the power under the entire curve... especially the lower RPMs. I don't foresee myself bouncing the pentastar off the rev limiter too frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    I don't foresee myself bouncing the pentastar off the rev limiter too frequently.
    Why not? That's where the fun happens. I approach the rev limiter at least a couple of times every day

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    I haven't heard of any durability problems with the pentastar yet. However, I certainly understand what you're saying. From some of the articles I've read from around the time the pentastar was released (2012), it seems that the motor was engineered to be reliable under forced induction situations. I guess I'll find out... Possibly the hard way.
    Ive already rolled these dice, and did things with forced induction when testing BB that a very rare few will ever put their jeeps thru. I'm pretty sure you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Why not? That's where the fun happens. I approach the rev limiter at least a couple of times every day
    x2 I go to the limit regularly also. Once you get some punch up there....you'll find excuses.

I am flying today and I will respond to some of these questions. I love my jeep and it drives great. Love the low end torque. Mileage is getting better. When people say lift to shift. Are they talking about the accelerator or the taping the Shifter?

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    I am flying today and I will respond to some of these questions. I love my jeep and it drives great. Love the low end torque. Mileage is getting better. When people say lift to shift. Are they talking about the accelerator or the taping the Shifter?
    Long vertical pedal. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    Long vertical pedal. :-)
    Yep... Lifting the throttle just long enough to allow the transmission to shift!

ICHEER4BEER, I look forward to anymore comments or lessons learned from your experience so far. Once I receive the blower, I'll be doing the install. Any tips for the install and tuning process would be appreciated as well.

And if yours goes well, rgeorge33, I may also bite the bullet on this.

I never have to lift the accelerator. Sometimes if I want to shift a little earlier I just tap the Shifter. For the most part it shifts where I want it too. I don't go blast all the time. When I do the mileage drops to 12. I have more than enough power with light throttle to get going and I never worry about a merge.

The only draw back is that it's doesn't like the cold. I let the engine warm up now until the idle comes down and I don't have any problems with surging or misfires like I did when I just started it and went.

I had the jeep dealer install it for me since I sold my house and didn't have a garage. The install plus the actual purchase price was still less than the RIPP. I made the right decision.

Cool. Yeah, I just want to be able to do simple things, like, you know, merge onto the highway and pass people without yelling "GO!". And I tow a trailer about once a month, so this will help there. I just am concerned about transmission temps during towing with a SC, so I'm getting some gauges to see what my temps are now vs. later.