Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NEW JW Speaker 8700 Headlights...GEN 2

Yep. These are the new ones.

I thought the old ones were pretty impressive, leave it to JW to keep improving even though the competition wasnt close.

Here are some shots of the old and new lights.

Just like the old ones, I'll be putting the xpel headlight armor wrap on the new ones before installation.
    '

The old 8700 Gen 1 light. -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JW Speaker 8700 2 (1).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	1355

Here is the new Gen 2

Name:	JW Speaker 8700 2 (2).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1356

Both together -

Name:	JW Speaker 8700 2 (3).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	1357

Love these lights but $800 is pretty steep.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Love these lights but $800 is pretty steep.
    Agreed. but do you get it back at sale with this kind of mod? Everyone knows what they cost. Does it transfer into a little better resale? vs maybe paying half for KC hi lights, that give you no boost at sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Agreed. but do you get it back at sale with this kind of mod? Everyone knows what they cost. Does it transfer into a little better resale? vs maybe paying half for KC hi lights, that give you no boost at sale?
    I think it may be pushing it a little to think you get your money back at sale with ANY mod. BUT having JW speakers installed might be the difference in someone buying your rig over a similar rig without them.

I would say the same for other lights available that compete with these to a lesser extent.

I have the older gen 1 production 8700 lights that I purchased earlier this year. I like them a lot and I'm interested in the new design for better coverage, but I'm not going to dump another $800 on the gen 2 lights. I already have the JW Speaker LED fog lights that improve the low beam pattern and I have HID driving lights that improve the high beam pattern when off-roading. I don't think the new pattern is worth $800 more than the current performance of my gen 1 lights.

My wife has the TruckLite LED headlights in her JK and at half the money, I think they have a better high beam than my JW Speaker lights. I still like the look of the JW Speaker light and the low beam pattern that it produces over the TruckLite headlights, but for half the money, I think the TruckLite LEDs are a better buy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Yep. These are the new ones.

I thought the old ones were pretty impressive, leave it to JW to keep improving even though the competition wasnt close.

Here are some shots of the old and new lights.

Just like the old ones, I'll be putting the xpel headlight armor wrap on the new ones before installation.
    '
    I'm scheduled to get JW Speaker headlights and fogs next week. Are the Gen2 headlights available to the "masses?" Should I check with my shop to see if they have or can get them?

Also, can you install the Xpel Armor after headlights are in?

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    I'm scheduled to get JW Speaker headlights and fogs next week. Are the Gen2 headlights available to the "masses?" Should I check with my shop to see if they have or can get them?

Also, can you install the Xpel Armor after headlights are in?
    available or not, you are paying good money, you are not going to want to have the "old ones" a month from now.

Make those people change your order to Gen 2 or cancel the order. They are too expensive to take the old ones with the new ones right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    available or not, you are paying good money, you are not going to want to have the "old ones" a month from now.

Make those people change your order to Gen 2 or cancel the order. They are too expensive to take the old ones with the new ones right around the corner.
    100% agree. The small wait would be worth the new tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    100% agree. The small wait would be worth the new tech.
    X3. these guys have it right. Would you be happy with the old ones? sure. Are they powerful? yes.

but they redesigned them for a reason. Let us know who you are buying them from and what their response is when you tell them you want to switch to the new ones.