Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just go a little higher on the lift and he should be able to walk right underneath. When I had my Ram 2500 I would have my daughter walk underneath and turn the drain valve on the oil pan. A lot easier than my fat @$$ crawling underneath.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

how do you focus the lights? Is there a standard level?

you should get a truck into the garage and see where that beam hits the wall. Then mark it and line up betty with it.

Maybe a pickup truck would be the same level as BB

here is the armor wrap install video -

i am going to check the pickup truck beam level pattern, and try to match it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    how do you focus the lights? Is there a standard level?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    i am going to check the pickup truck beam level pattern, and try to match it.
    Here is a good site to get your headlights aimed correctly. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

It is easier than the article makes it look because you can only adjust the Jeep JK headlight up and down. There is no adjustment for left and right. Basically, measure the height from the ground to the center of your headlight. Put a horizontal line on the wall with painters tape at the height of the headlights. Park your Jeep on level ground 25 feet away from the line of tape with your headlights squared to the wall that has the tape on it. Using the chart in the article, determine how many inches below the painters tape line will be where the brightest part of the headlight beam or the top of the cutoff if you have a sharp cutoff style light should be aimed. Using the chart, you would aim directly at the painters tape if your headlights are 34.5" high or less. Measure down 2 inches from the painters tape horizontal line if your headlights are 35-39" high. You are now done. Use the charts to see examples of what the beam pattern looks like.

im going to use this ^^

to correct my stock beams. People are always flashing me like i have my high beams on.

Good Video. How do you like the headlights so far?

Good Video Good info.

now get them muddy!

I like them a lot. I've also been using the driving lights around town without any police harrassment. So thats good. Plenty of light.

I've been taking my time redirecting the lights, then i did move them down, and once finished, realized that Ive been playing with the lights without the winch installed.

I had taken it off for the SC clean out and never put it back. Now the lights will be too low when I do reinstall it.