Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
Welcome New Guy!

I like a throttle body spacer and intake also. Exhaust is more of a personal choice. Remember chrysler spent millions developing the JK's exhaust with the pentastar. I doubt these aftermarket companies have improved it.

If you gonna do an exhaust, make sure its one that barks when you floor it, but can be quiet also. I've been looking for one that works like the corvette dual mode, but have not found it.
Thanks for the welcome. I don't have the Pentastar engine since my JK is a 2010. Most folks that comment base their opinions on the 2012 and up engines. I believe it is different for my 3.8. The exhaust I linked in my OP has a nice sound but not too loud, which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
X2 on Pznivy's focus on WEIGHT.

If you don't want to gear, you should stick with keeping the weight down. These air flow mods will make your stock jeep nicer to drive, but will not save you from the performance decrease you should expect if you do steel bumpers, flares, etc.

If you were asking me about what sort of overall plan you should try for and NOT change those 3.21s, Id say your pretty much there. 33s. Stock bumpers, no winch. A stock jeep looks beautiful, and without the extra weight, yours will perform better than stock with the air flow pieces your talking about.

Intake first is the rule, if you can, drive it like that for a week. THEN do the exhaust. I like listening to the engine better than listening to the exhaust. Keep the stock exhaust on and do the intake and you will see what I mean. Then do the exhaust after, and keep the option in your pocket to go back to stock if you feel like it.
I don't have stock bumpers. I have front and rear Or-Fab bumpers with no winch. I have the tuner and am picking up the exhaust tomorrow. I haven't decided on the CAI yet which is why I started this thread. Your post is interesting since most people have recommended if it was between the exhaust or CAI, they would do the exhaust (along with the tuner). I am not that picky that I care about where I hear the sound from, whether it is the engine or exhaust. The exhaust has a nice sound, could provide a better feel and is lighter than stock which based on your comments is definitely a plus. Now I just need to decide if I should go for the CAI. I don't see a down side to it even if there isn't a huge performance plus. I'll take anything I can get I guess.