Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Day 5 of the Magnuson Install

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1445

She is coming back together! They plan to start working on custom tune tomorrow and may take a couple of days... Rick Squire, founder and former owner of STS Turbo is a very sought after tuner and a performance motor fabricator... Our plans for tuning include a custom towing tune (Ski Boat) as well as a custom tune for blasting around town..

Still waiting to hear for the JL group about exhaust and intake... I had a magna flow exhaust and airaid intake on my 2012 JK and other than more exhaust noise, I didn't notice much difference... Any input would be helpful...

FF

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1445
    Still waiting to hear for the JL group about exhaust and intake... I had a magna flow exhaust and airaid intake on my 2012 JK and other than more exhaust noise, I didn't notice much difference... Any input would be helpful...

FF
    Here's my take. We dyno'd before and after intake and exhaust. Ill dig up a link. it was 3 years ago, but I'll tell you, i remember liking the intake more than the exhaust, and both are for sound only. When you are putting the SC on, thats where your power is coming from, I dont think the exhaust matters as much as someone else will say.

In my book its more of a sound preference thing. I will say this, for sound preference, AFE has a good large intake, and it makes the pentastar yodel with the best of them. Mix that with the shriek of the supercharger and you have a winner. Id go for a quiet exhaust and let the engine bay make the music.

here is the mag sound bite alone -

And my AFE intake video (no SC)

That second one brings me back. BB was stock then. This was one of the first things we did to her. I think only the xpel wrap is older. You hear the difference with that intake.

You caught me on a good night.

Here's more -

Comparison charts

HP comparison stock, intake, intake and exhaust -

Name:	Comparison HP Runs.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	1446

Here is torque

Name:	Comparison Torque.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	1447

JL- I am totally with you on letting the SC make the noise.. I think I will ask Squire to utilize his expertise with custom tune and then Dyno. If numbers are low, then I will look at intake first... Worse case is I go with new headers and work my way back to the exhaust. I don't think this thing will run with its italian red headed sibling, but it will be fun to try...

FF

Return of FerrariFast! Build Thread

theres no headers on the pentastar and a custom tune set to your specific vehicle will net more power then a canned tune from a different vehicle

We gettin a pic with this thing with all the red parts installed?

Ask magnuson about headers, I think they told me the SC was not designed to be used with headers.

Magnuson Install Complete!

Name:	IMG_2707.jpg 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	1463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2705.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	1464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2706.jpg 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	1465

They finally wrapped up the supercharger install on my 2014 JK. Dyno testing coming up next. I hope to log in some time behind the wheel today after work and I provide JL with my first impressions. Stock intake and exhaust.

FF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2704.jpg  

Rick is a smart cookie. It will be interesting to see how this comes out.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.