Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Important info.

This will help a lot of us. I think ive got replacement cost, but im going freakin make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    I wanted to share with the members of JL some important insurance information should you ever find yourself in a position to file a claim.

The people who hit me and totaled my 2012 modified JK had Farmers Insurance, while I am insured through State Farm. Since the other party was at fault, it seemed natural to have Farmer's handle the claim for me. After the arrived at a price for Jeep itself, they began working on a price for the modifications that were done to it. They concluded that the mods where worth roughly .35 cents on the dollar, even though some of the mods, including the Poison Spyder steel front bumper was only installed 5 days prior to the accident. After consulting with my State Farm agent, we elected to file a claim against my own insurance to see what the difference might be. State Farm allowed nearly dollar for dollar for all of my mods which totaled up to nearly 18K. So we proceeding with the state farm claim, who will in turn subrogate my claim back to Farmers for reimbursement. At this point, I have been issued a check for $48,475.88 minus my $1000.00 deductible which I am told will take a few months to receive from Farmer's.
    Bottom Line from this experience: Buy a high quality steel front bumper as it might just save your life (as the paramedic informed me mine did). Secondly, have your agent insure your jeep for replacement cost, especially if you have put big dollars into modifications. Keep all of your receipts no matter how insignificant they may seem at the time of purchase as they all add up. Finally, be persistent and document every email and phone call with the insurance people by writing done their name, time and date of call etc...

For what its worth,

FF
    Fantastic info FF. You forgot one more thing on your "bottom line"... State Farm rocks (I'm biased though since my dad is a 35 year agent.) All those people that like to shop around and try to save a buck "in 15 minutes or less." Ohh, you'll save a buck all right, but you'll loose it and then some during a claim. My experience on my accidents with State Farm was spot on to what FF said here. I made money when my Passat was totaled. I made money when my Ford F350 was totaled ($6k more to be exact.) They treat you fair when it comes to their claims.

I will tell you right now, $48k payout for your Jeep is absolutely, shockingly, amazing... That means they valued your Jeep before mods at $30k. I paid $38k for a used (4500 miles) 2014 fully loaded Sarah WITH a lift and tires AND a second set of snow tires. Take off my tires and lift, and mine used would have been valued at $31 to $32k. So you basically were only $2k under what a 2014 model would have been valued at. AMAZING... Way to go State Farm...
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Keep in mind State Farm was the subject of a multimillion dollar law suit back in the 90's for defrauding customers on repairs, so it is better to pay out a claim than a class action lawsuit worth $80 million dollars, plus attorney's fees. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/STATE+......-a017526635
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Day 3 of Magnuson Install

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2677.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2670.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1442

Here is the latest photos taken today of the install. I am getting excited to see what this SC will do once its finished and dialed in!

FF

Day four of install

Stopped by Squire Performance shop today to see how things were progressing with the Magnuson install. Looks like things are coming together and they anticipate starting the tuning the first of the week. They are anticipating a gain of 100 Horsepower over stock. I am excited to see Dyno numbers and then decide on what exhaust and intake to go with if needed.

FF

Name:	IMG_2680.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	1443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2681.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	1444

Return of FerrariFast! Build Thread

If you want decent sound and its free just take the muffler off

Stopped by Squire Performance shop today to see how things were progressing with the Magnuson install. Looks like things are coming together and they anticipate starting the tuning the first of the week. They are anticipating a gain of 100 Horsepower over stock. I am excited to see Dyno numbers and then decide on what exhaust and intake to go with if needed.

FF

Fox Shock. Is that a baer brake?, Stock steering components tho.... Whats the tire size?

FF

Gotta do an intake! AFE?

Brakes are Teraflex Big Brake Kit that has been powder coated.. Teraflex front track arm. Running 37 x 13.5 x 20 Toyo Open Country tires...

Looking good. My wife is running the Teraflex Big Brake kit too and it definitely helps to stop her 37x13.50R17 Toyos.

Is the performance shop going to do a custom tune for you or are they going to use Magnuson's tune from their test jeep?