Name:	IMG_2524.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2615.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	1420Glad to be Back!
    As some you know, my Black 2012 was totaled following a recent head on collision (everyone go out and buy an aftermarket steel front bumper). Our fellow JeepLab Member "Timmy" provided me with some invaluable advise... Ultimately, because of I had all of my receipts for my add-ons, and about two months of being persistent with both insurance companies (mine and theirs) , I was able to get nearly dollar for dollar for my mods. So I took my money and traveled to Scottsdale, AZ and purchased this 2014 JK all done up minus my awaiting Magnuson SC. Well on thursday it was delivered to Squire Performance Tuning here in Utah for the install. Rick Squire is anticipating the install to take about two weeks. I will keep JL posted on the results of the SC upgrade. Running 37 x 13.5 x 20 on 20 x 12 wheel, 4.88 G2 Gears, Stock exhaust and intake.

Ferrarifast[IMG]img_2615[/IMG]

Cool. Your new one is a stick or auto. Glad you got it all squared away

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

As some you know, my Black 2012 was totaled following a recent head on collision (everyone go out and buy an aftermarket steel front bumper). Our fellow JeepLab Member "Timmy" provided me with some invaluable advise... Ultimately, because of I had all of my receipts for my add-ons, and about two months of being persistent with both insurance companies (mine and theirs) , I was able to get nearly dollar for dollar for my mods. So I took my money and traveled to Scottsdale, AZ and purchased this 2014 JK all done up minus my awaiting Magnuson SC. Well on thursday it was delivered to Squire Performance Tuning here in Utah for the install. Rick Squire is anticipating the install to take about two weeks. I will keep JL posted on the results of the SC upgrade. Running 37 x 13.5 x 20 on 20 x 12 wheel, 4.88 G2 Gears, Stock exhaust and intake.

FF!!!!!!! That new Jeep is SICK!!! And red to boot, matches your name (ie. the red of Ferrari!!!) Dang dude, I can't wait to hear from you. Your setup is EXACTLY the direction I'm heading in terms of tire size, gearing and going with a Mag SC Upgrade. You didn't mention though if that's a standard or auto. If you're getting the Mag SC, I'm really hoping you got the standard transmission given all the junk I'm reading about the automatics and bad gear changes.

So... Do tell, how did things turn out on the insurance front? I'm guessing they totaled it out? Would it also be fair to guess that they decided the damage had creeped into the engine so they were able to include that in the total repair cost? Do tell so that we can all learn what you learned about dealing with the insurance companies... I'm so very excited for you. Your Jeep would have been in the shop forever, and I don't care how much the insurance companies say the work will bring it back to spec, it NEVER is. There is always some extra little creek, squeek or whatever, and even if there isn't, you constantly drive around thinking there is something not right.

Dang, dang, dang! that Jeep is pprrrreeeeettttyyy... So very jealous right now. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Timmy!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Ferrarifast, how are you going to only give us one picture of that STUNNER? WTF!

Where is the build thread dude? Your killing me! lol

What are the flares?

What are the wheels?

What tires did you go with?

Are you a mile away when you take this picture?

ps. good to have you back buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Ferrarifast, how are you going to only give us one picture of that STUNNER? WTF!

Where is the build thread dude? Your killing me! lol

What are the flares?

What are the wheels?

What tires did you go with?

Are you a mile away when you take this picture?

ps. good to have you back buddy.
    Haha, I'm with JL on this, but I figured you were busy, but yeah MOAR PICS!!! MOAR DEATAILS!!!

Tires look like Toyo M/T's, 37/13.5/20's. Now I'm going to have to go with 38's just so I can say I have one measily thing bigger than your Jeep.

I can't imagine you went with a lift larger than 4.5", but man, that is still a lot of space between those big 37" tires and the flares, did you actually go to a 6" lift?

Looks like you have a 50" light bar on the top of the windshield?

Stubby front bumper? ARB rear bumper?

That thing is just crazy sick!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Name:	IMG_2658.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	1431
    Here is a photo taken today as they continue with the Magnuson SC install. Coil springs are off being powder coated red during the install process. Here is a list of the items that are currently installed on the Jeep:

Four inch Teraflex lift with Fox reservoir shocks.
    Bushwacker flares, smoothed and painted to match
    Hardtop smoothed and painted to match
    37 x 13. 5 x 20 Toyo Tires
    Fuel 20 x 12 Wheels, with red accents
    4.88 GS Gears
    Teraflex Big Brake Kit with Red powder coated calipers on front axle
    Teraflex Monster front track bar
    Procal programmer
    Bentley Quilted Stitched leather heated seats
    Smittybuilt front and rear bumpers with tire carrier
    Warn winch
    50 inch light bar painted to match brackets
    10 inch light bar on front bumper
    Nfab side steps
    All decals removed

Anyone have any suggestions for exhaust?

FF

Here is a photo taken today as they continue with the Magnuson SC install. Coil springs are off being powder coated red during the install process. Here is a list of the items that are currently installed on the Jeep:

Four inch Teraflex lift with Fox reservoir shocks.
    Bushwacker flares, smoothed and painted to match
    Hardtop smoothed and painted to match
    37 x 13. 5 x 20 Toyo Tires
    Fuel 20 x 12 Wheels, with red accents
    4.88 GS Gears
    Teraflex Big Brake Kit with Red powder coated calipers on front axle
    Teraflex Monster front track bar
    Procal programmer
    Bentley Quilted Stitched leather heated seats
    Smittybuilt front and rear bumpers with tire carrier
    Warn winch
    50 inch light bar painted to match brackets
    10 inch light bar on front bumper
    Nfab side steps
    All decals removed

FF
    why did you sand and paint the top rather than get the factory painted top? (you dont seem to be short on cash)

Here is a photo taken today as they continue with the Magnuson SC install.

[snip, snip]

That is fantastic, you went all out for this Jeep, so jealous! Now, do tell, how did the insurance side of this equation come out? My guess is that you had a little out-of-pocket to pick up this new rig as surely it was more expensive than your last?

Name:	IMG_2665.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	1432
    Day 2 of the Magnuson SC install...
    Upper intake is off and lower is sealed up for now...
    More info on insurance and how that all worked out to follow... Bottom line is keep all your modification receipts and have your Jeep insured for replacement value.. Specific details coming...

Insurance Detail following Crash

I wanted to share with the members of JL some important insurance information should you ever find yourself in a position to file a claim.

The people who hit me and totaled my 2012 modified JK had Farmers Insurance, while I am insured through State Farm. Since the other party was at fault, it seemed natural to have Farmer's handle the claim for me. After the arrived at a price for Jeep itself, they began working on a price for the modifications that were done to it. They concluded that the mods where worth roughly .35 cents on the dollar, even though some of the mods, including the Poison Spyder steel front bumper was only installed 5 days prior to the accident. After consulting with my State Farm agent, we elected to file a claim against my own insurance to see what the difference might be. State Farm allowed nearly dollar for dollar for all of my mods which totaled up to nearly 18K. So we proceeding with the state farm claim, who will in turn subrogate my claim back to Farmers for reimbursement. At this point, I have been issued a check for $48,475.88 minus my $1000.00 deductible which I am told will take a few months to receive from Farmer's.
    Bottom Line from this experience: Buy a high quality steel front bumper as it might just save your life (as the paramedic informed me mine did). Secondly, have your agent insure your jeep for replacement cost, especially if you have put big dollars into modifications. Keep all of your receipts no matter how insignificant they may seem at the time of purchase as they all add up. Finally, be persistent and document every email and phone call with the insurance people by writing done their name, time and date of call etc...

For what its worth,

FF