Close

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Is she a rocket? The name is "cherry bomb"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMDn6V7ZLhE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_H...V7ZLhE&index=4
    So, you want to call the Jeep after the Runaways' Song????

She's a rocket! Feels like she lost 1,000 lbs even with 400 lbs more motor. Shifting is much improved. Super smooth. Sound is unbelievable. I was unprepared for the growl. You gotta see the body flex when it starts! There's a small exhaust leak that needs a clamp not supplied by AEV/Flowmaster. It'll be here next week. Otherwise no other issues on day 1.

That sounds great...

Is it really 400 lbs more than the Pentastar? Do you have any exact weights for either the 6.4 or the 3.6 that it replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Is it really 400 lbs more than the Pentastar? Do you have any exact weights for either the 6.4 or the 3.6 that it replaced?
    AEV kit comes with 1" leveling spacers for the front springs. Instructions say the drop comes from added 400lbs that the 6.4 has over the 3.6. It's an iron V8 vs an all aluminum V6. I tend to believe them.

Spent some time this morning driving around town and along back roads. At 1,500 rpm in 5th gear (automatic trans) I'm gong about 42 mph (4:10s; 35s). So far I find I can do most of my driving under 3,000 rpm. At 80 on the highway she's at 2,700. Most importantly when I'm going uphill on the highway in 5th gear I can accelerate nicely without downshifting! If I press a bit harder on the pedal she downshifts to 4th and simply takes off! I've got to get her to Ross for a test drive!

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    I've got to get her to Ross for a test drive!
    Dont leave him alone with it, he will spray it black, put on a carbon fiber hood and tell you he has no idea what your talking about when you come back to pick it up.

(thats what id do)

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Dont leave him alone with it, he will spray it black, put on a carbon fiber hood and tell you he has no idea what your talking about when you come back to pick it up.

(thats what id do)
    nice talk. He'd just tell me to turn it on. The growl would give it away instantly.

You should be done with break-in mileage by now. Have you floored it yet?

Yes. I've floored it gently if such a thing is possible. I'm waiting for a dry day and a moment to get a 0 to 60 time. I have a Mygig Lockpick behind the radio which reads data from the CAN-BUS. It has a 0 to 60 record function. I'll try tomorrow. First I want to check the speedometer with my phone and garmin to see if its accurate.