Close

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I don't blame you with deciding on an engine swap. I'm going to do the same, but I have some time before it happens. For now, I'm scheduled to get some dyno time and a custom tune tomorrow afternoon. I'm not feeling too hopeful that the shifting issues will get resolved with a custom tune, but I'll at least have a tune for my jeep instead of using the tune from Magnuson's test jeep.

As long as I'm not heavy footed, I can manage the shifting issues. My auto likes to hold gears longer and rev the rpms higher before it shifts now that the SC is on it, but I can manually upshift or let off the throttle a bit to resolve the issue for now. I don't typically redline my rpms, so the only really annoying part for me is trying to keep the jeep in overdrive at highway speeds. The situation isn't ideal, but my jeep is drivable and it does have more power when I need it.

I'm hoping that by the time I do an engine swap, the shift issues will be figured out and I can transfer the Magnuson to my wife's JK. I'm not going to put it on her JK and hear her complain about the shifting if the shifting issue isn't resolved. I'll be selling a cheap SC to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post

I'm hoping that by the time I do an engine swap, the shift issues will be figured out and I can transfer the Magnuson to my wife's JK. I'm not going to put it on her JK and hear her complain about the shifting if the shifting issue isn't resolved. I'll be selling a cheap SC to someone.
    So I'm noticing a trend with several people mentioning "my wife's jeep." What is her setup? How did you both end up with JKs? Who gets the better gear? We should start a His / Hers thread.

Ordered the hemi builder's kit for 6.4L today. AEV says it will be in mid-January. Now on to ordering the motor and miscellaneous items for the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    6.4L
    Go big or go home!

That should end up giving you peak dyno numbers similar to the Prodigy stage 2 turbo, except you'll have that torque through the entire rpm range instead of only the upper rpm range, and throttle response will be instant. And the sound... This will be amazing.

how long will the swap take? a week? a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    how long will the swap take? a week? a month?
    About 50 hours in the shop over two weeks I'm told.

Do not do this without giving me the when and where, I'm DYING to see it up close. (might bring a camera)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Do not do this without giving me the when and where, I'm DYING to see it up close. (might bring a camera)
    You got it!

Subscribed!

Watching...