Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AEV 6.4L kit is being put together for shipping to my shop. Sent my VIN for programming the new PCM on Monday. Now on to ordering the Hemi and Chrysler B.O.M. Stay tuned (is that a pun when posting in JeepLab?).

Good Pun, because all the threads lead back to tuning issues? LOL

Email me the address that this masterpiece is going down good sir, BB and I want to see that new power plant before it goes in. (maybe rub up against it a little)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Good Pun, because all the threads lead back to tuning issues? LOL

Email me the address that this masterpiece is going down good sir, BB and I want to see that new power plant before it goes in. (maybe rub up against it a little)
    You got it. I won't do anything without coordination up front. I'll email you.

whats this cost overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    whats this cost overall?
    Around $28k.

DEAR LORD.

so we are talking about a 70k Jeep.

did you put any thought into dropping a chevy engine into it?

i always fantasized about dumping the old 440 six pack in a jeep. The sound is just heaven. I may still do it.

Chevy sells all the vette engines direct also. You could get the zr1 supercharged engine and dump it in. Or the new sierra denali 6.2.....that might be the best power plant available.

a vette engine built for a truck....

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    DEAR LORD.

so we are talking about a 70k Jeep.
    I passed 70 with the lift, wheels, tires, supercharger, bumbers, winch, lockpick, rearview camera, hood, gears, air lockers, cold air intake and miscellaneous stuff like recovery gear and molded floor mats. I've done so much to the truck already it kills me that it's not mechanically right (or at least close enough). Thus the motor swap. I just want it to operate better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    did you put any thought into dropping a chevy engine into it?

i always fantasized about dumping the old 440 six pack in a jeep. The sound is just heaven. I may still do it.

Chevy sells all the vette engines direct also. You could get the zr1 supercharged engine and dump it in. Or the new sierra denali 6.2.....that might be the best power plant available.

a vette engine built for a truck....
    I've seen a few GM power plants in Jeeps online but never close up. I am a big fan of GM performance. But for this build I felt it would be better to keep it Mopar so my dealer guys can service it and I can be confident I'll get it through inspection/emissions testing here in NJ. On re-sale (should it ever happen) the engine body combo is recognizable and all that jazz. Truth be told my goal was never to build a 470hp 6,000lb cast iron and steel tank. I'd much prefer to have a feather light tough-as-nails truck with a smaller power plant, carbon fiber elements, technical alloys, etc. That will be the next one.

x2 on 440 six pack in the jk. You can get one for under 10k.

Probably double that to put it in. Is that more punch than the 6.4?