Close

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    x2 on 440 six pack in the jk. You can get one for under 10k.

Probably double that to put it in. Is that more punch than the 6.4?
    Guys. There's no substitute for cubic inches! A real 440 six pack had 490 lb. ft. of torque at 3,200 RPM (per Dodge) I believe that falls into the "yank your teeth out" category. It also had three two-barrel carbs which makes it kind of impractical for a JK. Now, if you guys want to build a JeepLab CJ and drop a 440 six pack in it I'm in. Never worked with the 440 motor. Between me and family i've done LT-1 corvette; LS-6 454 chevelle, Chevy SS 396 and others over time. I even rebuilt a 301 Pontiac turbo (worst motor I've ever had. I broke the crankshaft!. . . what can I say, the trans am looked cool). My JK is the first Mopar product I've ever owned.

BTW the 392 "hemi" is less than 10K.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Guys. There's no substitute for cubic inches! A real 440 six pack had 490 lb. ft. of torque at 3,200 RPM (per Dodge) I believe that falls into the "yank your teeth out" category. It also had three two-barrel carbs which makes it kind of impractical for a JK. Now, if you guys want to build a JeepLab CJ and drop a 440 six pack in it I'm in. Never worked with the 440 motor. Between me and family i've done LT-1 corvette; LS-6 454 chevelle, Chevy SS 396 and others over time. I even rebuilt a 301 Pontiac turbo (worst motor I've ever had. I broke the crankshaft!. . . what can I say, the trans am looked cool). My JK is the first Mopar product I've ever owned.

BTW the 392 "hemi" is less than 10K.
    The 440 sound is insane....

What is the best power to weight option thats fuel injected? Maybe the 340 ? I vote naturally aspirated, so when you get bored, you can put the blower on later.

Ordered the motor and dealer parts today. I will definitely post a schedule for those interested in following online or visiting the shop and seeing the work in progress when it happens.

what did you end up with? 6.4 hemi?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    what did you end up with? 6.4 hemi?
    I'm going with the 6.4 hemi. The shop Im going to knows how to do it and the dealer supplying the parts is a family friend and will support me with service.

Got the word today that motor and parts will all be in on March, 15th. I'm hoping to have the shop ready to go at that time.

Where is this event going on?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    Where is this event going on?
    OK Four Wheel Drive (OK4WD) in Stewartsville, New Jersey. www.OKwd.com

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    OK Four Wheel Drive (OK4WD) in Stewartsville, New Jersey. www.OKwd.com
    Sorry. www.ok4wd.com

Just learned to my surprise that the motor and parts should all be delivered this week!! I will contact the shop to see if they can get me started now. I will keep you all posted and make sure lots pf pics and video go up. Anyone interested in any aspect of the 3.6 and Magnuson S/C coming out should let me know. If you need a list of what I'll have left over I can put one together but I assume everyone here at JL knows.