Close

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    6.4L -- I would still put turbos on it ... Big Cubic Inch only means more room in the cylinder head to put air and fuel.

I wouldnt put a turbo on a 6.4 they are very picky with boost alot of people are claiming there pistons are like glass one bad tune can equal a blown motor ripp just dynoed a 6.4 in a jk in 4wd it made 335 wheel hp

The engine is here! The engine is here!! OK I"m a little excited now. Balance of parts by end of week and then out to the shop!! Can't wait to un-crate the motor!

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    The engine is here! The engine is here!! OK I"m a little excited now. Balance of parts by end of week and then out to the shop!! Can't wait to un-crate the motor!
    Have fun putting that in.

OK. Here's the schedule. Unless something changes, my truck goes to OK4WD on March 12th to start the hemi swap. It comes back to me on March 26th (my birthday by pure coincidence). OK4WD has a publicist coming to photo record the swap as it's the first 6.4L they are doing (They've done lots of 5.7Ls). The shop has a couple of go-pro cams on the bay where the work will be done and they will try to "time lapse" it. They would love to host the guys from JeepLab that are local or who care to make the trip so any and all JL members are free to stop by and say hi and inspect their work. OK4WD is on board with chronicling the swap on JL. Turns out there will be another 6.4L on site at the same time. An AEV built 6.4L truck is going to OK4WD for a Dyantrac RockPro 44 front axle upgrade. So they'll have a finished example of a 6.4L there for part of the time as a reference vehicle.

The motor and parts will be delivered next Monday 2/23 or Tuesday 2/24. I doubt the OK guys will be able to keep the motor in the crate until March. So I expect that they will un-crate it next week. I will get photos and feedback and put it all here.

I bet you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Pickles, I'm going to have a spare 3.6L on my hands with roughly 50k miles on it. It has little value in the market since a person can buy a new 3.6 from Rubitrux or another shop's take out motor for around $2,500 with almost no miles on it. I'd love to tear it down and see what 25k miles with a supercharger looks like. Any thoughts? A JeepLab Skunkworks motor?

Prodigy has some sort of plan for building up the internals of a Pentastar. So far, they have shown pictures of forged pistons. If you're going to tear it down at some point, maybe it would be worthwhile to build it back up with whatever mods Prodigy comes up with? Then make a go-kart with it

I'm thinking find a 2012 or later used truck and make an absolutely bare bones light weight rig. I mean if it ain't pulling an oar it gets tossed overboard to save weight. Put the 3.6 together on a stand and make the truck custom front to back.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Pickles, I'm going to have a spare 3.6L on my hands with roughly 50k miles on it. It has little value in the market since a person can buy a new 3.6 from Rubitrux or another shop's take out motor for around $2,500 with almost no miles on it. I'd love to tear it down and see what 25k miles with a supercharger looks like. Any thoughts? A JeepLab Skunkworks motor?
    Im in! whats the total weight? I'll weld a table to hold it. (heavy duty casters)

maybe trick it out into a buggy.

I was thinking of putting BB on the auction block this spring, and building a KOH racer this year.

Maybe an Artec chasis.