Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looking for skid plate recommendations

Well I am planning a wheeling trip out to Colorado this Summer and want to get some skid plates to protect the oil pan and transmission. I have been looking at M.O.R.E., Evo Protek and E autogrills of of Ebay. I would like to get River Raider or something along that lines, but that isn't in the budget. What are you running and the pros and cons of each. I do intend to put on a Rancho/Dynomax crossover exhaust extension to prevent my drive shaft from rubbing on the exhaust.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e autogrills skid.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	1453

Name:	more skid.jpg 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	1454

Name:	Protek_2012+Manual_medium.jpg 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	1455
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

I think my frien still has her river raider setup for sale. I think she had it pretty cheap. I will check.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

ok thank you.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

She said she still has it and is pulling it out of storage. I don't think she wants a lot for it. I'll let you know.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

ok let me know, shipping maybe an issue. what region does she live in?

do you want to go long arm in the future? it matters for belly protection

I don't think so, at most I will upgrade to RK 2.5" and I don't think long arm is necessary at that length. Is there any benefit to going with a long arm kit? And if so what belly protection is compatible?

did you look at the genrite flat belly kit?

That's super cool.

i did but their documentation says it won't work with stock gas tank. after looking at that i have thought about buying a sheet of 3/16 aluminium and making my own belly pan. has to be plenty of usuable bolt holes.

Gunner did your friend say how much she wants for her skid? And is it just thenoil pan and transmission skid?