Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spoke to JCR again. They claim the bumper is halfway through its build process and I should allow one to two more weeks. Maybe closer to one week since it is being shipped bare metal.

Received notice yesterday that the bumper shipped on 12/31/1969. Thought that was a good laugh. It is scheduled to be here Monday. Wish it could have been here this past week with the weather we have been having. Looks like it will be done inside next week. Good news is that I am off work Monday thru Thursday so I will have plenty of time to work on it.

I like the JCR stuff, i think it will be worth the wait.

Not much else on the market like their dagger.

I've been anxious to finally get it here. Looking forward to finally getting back under the jeep.

Next step will hopefully be to add an aftermarket body-mounted tire carrier.

First things first...

You gonna rattle can it?

Or go nuts with powder coat?

I like the JCR stuff, because you can spray paint it... beat it up, spray paint it again, without paying for powder coat over and over.

I already have the rattle can bedliner bought and ready to go. I even bought a saw-z-all to get into the body mounts that need to be separated.

No need to pay extra for powder coating just to go beat it up.

Bumper is here. Rear crossmember is cut. Fitment...well there's an issue with the brackets that fit into the frame. The welded nuts on the bracket were put together too high to match the hole in the frame. I have spoke to tech support and sent them pics and they are researching their jigs and any other problems that could have caused this. Pics will be uploaded later.

Sent more pics to JCR. Allan @ JCR is a top notch hand. I appreciate everything he has done. They are sending me new brackets that are built differently than their jig style ones. It should be here Thursday. I hope to get pics on here soon but between kids and work, I am one busy cat.

Bumper is here and after some install issues that came up and having to have new brackets made, I finally got this thing installed after using a little Okie Ingenuity. The issue was that the original brackets did not line up with the factory holes in the frame. I needed the side 5/8" welded nut to actually be 1/4-1/2" lower than what the first brackets came with. Well the second set they sent me moved the 5/8 bolt back a complete 2" and the nutsert sat outside the frame.

I will say that this bumper is very nice and very well built. The welds are extremely well done. Please enjoy the show:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	1478
    Spray On foam packaging. Its a good thing as I heard the UPS man just drop it on the porch. Nice, dude, nice. Lucky it was a steel bumper inside.

Name:	3.jpg 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	1479

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	1480
    Some shots of the welds.

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	1481
    The original brackets that were welded using a jig.

Name:	7.jpg 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	1482
    The rear crossmember marked for removal.

Name:	11.jpg 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	1483

Name:	12.jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	1484
    First fitment before brackets being installed.

Name:	12-2.JPG 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	1485