Close

Thread: Magnuson Tune

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Magnuson Tune

I decided to post an update to my Magnuson SC install. I recently had a custom tune done on it that has tweaked the low end torque slightly over what I was getting from the generic Magnuson/Diablo tune by adjusting the engine timing and also made some adjustments to the air/fuel ratio during wide open throttle, idle, normal acceleration, and cruising. I went with a custom tune because I think Magnuson's generic tune is done on a smaller Jeep. I wanted the tune specific to my Jeep.

According to the person that did my tune, I'm starting to get boost at about 1600 rpm based upon data logs with a maximum boost of 6.3 psi. I estimated that I'm getting about 100 hp/91 tq more than I was getting when it was stock. My mileage may have gone back to what I was seeing when it was stock too, which would be a gain of about 2 mpg. I lost 2 mpg with the standard Magnuson/Diablo tune. I'll know more about the mpg after I run a few more tanks of fuel through it. The auto still likes to hold the gear longer like it did with the Magnuson/Diablo tune, but I'm at the point now where I manually shift it. The catch can that I installed also seems to have cleaned up the air fuel mixture for a more consistent smooth running engine. I also installed a PLX gauge to monitor the air/fuel ratio and boost. https://plxdevices.com/product_info....DBDSMAFR_DM6G4

My dyno chart looks pretty ugly because we couldn't keep the auto tranny from shifting, but with 40" tires and 5.13 gears, my Jeep is producing roughly 270 hp/250 tq at the wheels. I was told that my Jeep would produce larger hp/tq numbers if I was running smaller tires and if we could keep the transmission from shifting on the dyno, but at least I have numbers now instead of speculating what I have based upon other dyno charts that I've seen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	1461
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 01-05-2015 at 01:42 PM.