Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkeef View Post
    If all of us are seeing the same 1500-2500 lag then we should collectively share that so they can focus on that first IMO
    I have not held back on providing any feedback to Prodigy. I'm afraid they may file for a restraining/no-contact order if I share any more feedback with them

Please do share your feedback with them. The only way they can learn about and solve issues is if they get feedback from multiple people that clearly indicates a widespread issue with the tune, rather than isolated incidents that could be potentially explained as an install problem, poor gas quality, driving style, unrealistic expectations, etc.

How much oil did you guys see from your crankcase breather following your install? I'm weeping out a little bit. Noticed some apots in the garage. Wondering if it's just the jeep getting used to the tune.

I can't really answer that because I've customized that part of the install now. I'm not even sure what the official setup is with the kit now.

Read through this post to learn about my current setup, and follow links in the post for more history/details of how I ended up with that setup: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?13...ull=1#post3608

With my setup, I have not noticed any oil dripping from the end of my breather hose. This is probably because I'm using the stock hose, which is HIGHER than where it connects to the engine. So any oil that condenses inside the hose will tend to run back into the engine. The downside of my setup is that you're more likely to smell some oil vapors after heavy acceleration. Those oil vapors under the hood can find their way to the HVAC inlet, or right into the vehicle if you have windows down, top down, etc.

I plan to eventually run the breather through an oil catch can and connect it back to the air filter for a fully closed PCV system. The Prodigy kit is the only forced induction kit on the market for the Wrangler that has the crankcase vent to atmosphere. They do this to allow for consistent/better performance when on boost by not having to worry about oil vapor reducing the effective octane of the fuel. The downside is that venting to atmosphere can be stinky, messy (as you are learning), and is not good for the environment (emissions). I really think an oil catch can could give the best of both worlds.

I think this is one area of the turbo kit that still needs improvement. Please share photos and descriptions of your dripping breather hose with Prodigy to ensure they are aware of the issue.

Question for you now...

Is the end of your air filter contacting/vibrating against the plastic wheel well liner? I have my turbo system pushed as far up and towards the driver side as the down pipe mounting bracket will allow, but my air filter still firmly touches that liner. My liner is slightly pushed out of its natural resting position, and I get an annoying vibrating noise from it at certain RPMs.

I really need to get this taken care of because I want to use a water-repellent pre-filter bag on my air filter. The contact between the filter and plastic liner has already worn a hole through one.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Question for you now...

Is the end of your air filter contacting/vibrating against the plastic wheel well liner? I have my turbo system pushed as far up and towards the driver side as the down pipe mounting bracket will allow, but my air filter still firmly touches that liner. My liner is slightly pushed out of its natural resting position, and I get an annoying vibrating noise from it at certain RPMs.

I really need to get this taken care of because I want to use a water-repellent pre-filter bag on my air filter. The contact between the filter and plastic liner has already worn a hole through one.
    I'll check for you today if I can and get you a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Question for you now...

I'll check for you today if I can and get you a picture. ***need to figure out how to post?

Are any of you guys running a catch can on their turbo install? I'm curious. The way this PCV is currently routed, Im getting oil drops. To describe how its mounted now -- It runs down parallel to driver side of transmission -- then drops behind to make sort of a drop or loop (maybe 3-4 ' gradual swoop), then turns up on the passenger side of transmission and zips into place. The picture shows the breather turned on side, but there is a bit of a P-trap with the swoop. Still dripping from this. I was able to move it a little and get more of a tilted 45' than straight horizontal.

Im no mechanic, but would like you guys to chime in. Ive sent to Prodigy for suggestions. They have been awesome to help, but I always look for other views to compliment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeep1.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1470

New to forum, 2015 JKU with 3.5 AEV, Prodigy Stage 2

i run a catch can on my ripp kit i recomend it but buy a decent one not a cheap one

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    i run a catch can on my ripp kit i recomend it but buy a decent one not a cheap one
    x2. catch cans are fantastic.

you'll know its there immediately, I should check mine to see how full it is.

Thanks guys

I just popped by a shop that another buddy of mine works with. They are going to put it on the rack this afternoon and re-route the PCV hose. Pickles nailed it. The breather regardless of trap orientation is below the oil pan level and is collecting the oil. This will fix the gas/oil fumes from getting into the car from the heat or AC.
    More to follow
    BK