Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OK just heard from my installer and the Prodigy folks think the symptoms may be coming from a faulty check valve. He has a vehicle on the rack at the moment but should have me in before lunch today. Would be good if this is the issue as we can resolve that pretty quickly.

Welcome! I'm late to this party, but here now and interested to hear how you like the truck once its transformed into a 4000lb bullet.

Pickles how did you get that boost/rpm chart? That wasn't from the data log I assume

Also heard back my check valve is fine but they are changing it anyway for good measure. Was told to drive the jeep for a while to let the tune set in. I'll report back after I pickup tomorrow afternoon
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by Bkeef View Post
    Pickles how did you get that boost/rpm chart?BK
    First, I configured the data logging on the InTune to record only a bare minimum (engine speed, vehicle speed, throttle position, and intake manifold pressure) to get data rates as high as possible. The more things you log, the more time there is between each reading of each thing.

I started recording a data log before starting the engine so I could get a baseline reading of manifold pressure (atmospheric pressure). Then I recorded a data log of a full throttle 2nd gear acceleration. I loaded the data log up in Diablosport's Data Viewer, and used the option to export the data log as a CSV file. I opened that file in a spreadsheet program, manually trimmed out lines with duplicate rpm/MAP combinations, setup a column with a formula to subtract the baseline atmospheric pressure from the MAP reading to calculate boost, then created a chart of rpm vs boost from that data.

Ok so if we are working with an automatic we would chart the shifts but do you think the information would be reasonably accurate?

There's no way to stop the auto trans from downshifting, so you couldn't get a chart of the full rpm range. Based on a data log of an auto trans I have seen, it lands at about 4300 rpm when upshifting from 1st to 2nd.

Trying to get a boost chart from 1st gear wouldn't be very useful because there's not enough load on the engine to get full boost, and the engine speed accelerates so quickly that the boost curve lags behind relative to engine speed a bit in 1st gear. Even 2nd gear doesn't give max boost. I've seen boost in 3rd gear reach about 0.2 psi higher than 2nd gear. Boost can even be different in the same gear depending on whether you are driving on a slightly uphill or downhill section of road, or if the wind is blowing with/against you. Less engine load gives less boost. I used 2nd gear to get my full rpm range boost data so that I could stay within speed limits. 2nd gear takes me to about 64 mph and 3rd gear takes me to over 90 mph.

The pessimist will see this behavior of turbos as missing out on extra power in the lower gears. The optimist will this as getting a bit of extra power in the higher gears where you need it more because you are at higher speeds with more aerodynamic drag and less mechanical advantage

I think the best you can get with the auto transmission is a boost curve from about 4300 rpm onward, which won't be much of a curve because boost levels out before that. You can at least use the data logs to see how much boost you're getting. Default data logging includes barometric pressure and manifold pressure. View the data log in the Data Viewer app, convert the barometric pressure reading from inHg to psi, then subtract that from the MAP reading at any point in the data log to see how much boost you had.

Well

All hell broke loose apparently between last night and today. My guy had parked my jeep on a slight hill and went to start and it wouldn't turn over. They though it might be low on gas so they added 5 gallons. Still wouldn't Fire. Put in shop til today. Plugs are apparently gas fouled and the motor was floaded. Not sure what is causing the vehicle to be flooded. Called the factory and expect them to get back with us. Sucks. My guys say they went over the install 200% to confirm and are not sure. The mechanic was saying tune related but who knows. This tune is In a bunch of jeeps and they keep tweaking it. Hope this gets resolved quickly. Not sure of mine being a 2015 is an issue or not. I feel confident the prodigy folks will figure this out with my installer.

More to follow.....
    BK
    Last edited by Bkeef; 01-17-2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

New to forum, 2015 JKU with 3.5 AEV, Prodigy Stage 2

Please do not crank the motor if its flooded its rare but ive seen people hydrolock there engine from to much gas and not be able to compres and bend a rod

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Please do not crank the motor if its flooded its rare but ive seen people hydrolock there engine from to much gas and not be able to compres and bend a rod

Yeah, I haven't been in the vehicle yet. It's at th shop
    If they jack the motor, it's on them

Any of you guys have to press gas to get it started? I read on the other thread that they were able to tune that out for Pickles.
    Wonder if that's contributing to flooding