Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    It's Friday! waiting for good news from Bkeef

Hey guys sorry the delay. Prodigy overnighted two parts which didn't arrive until Friday mid afternoon. I had an early flight to Chicago Saturday am and couldn't arrange pick up of my Jeep. Needed replacement clamps for inner cooler hose and one of the breather filters ws botched during install one.

So I HEAR it runs great. Bad part is I don't get back til Wednesday so it's going to be a long few days!

Stage 2 is a beast. I'm looking forward to Wednesday to get some updates from you.

The wednesday is now Thursday. Prodigy noticed a clip on fuel line that was damaged on install and it was on back order. Tracks to be in tomorrow.

Sick of waiting. Post coming !

Probably the same fuel line clip that I broke during my install: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?13...ull=1#post2022

After breaking them, it's easier to see how they work, and how to safely unlatch them.

We're all sick of waiting to hear your impressions
    Last edited by UselessPickles; 01-29-2015 at 05:58 PM.

OMG.
    Totally different vehicle from 2500 rpm on.

I swear the 40 to 80 feels I like maybe a second or two.

I really like it. I'm sure others feel the same.

Observations. From 1500-23/2400 feels almost sluggish. And the jeep definitely smells rich at idle. Clearly smell gas exhaust smell after sitting.

When the jeep spools up to get a huge acceleration then a few seconds later it's like the rocket fires off and your Wiley Coyote.

Spoke with Dan and those guys are getting a test stand set up in the shop and are focusing on perfecting this tune. Expect some real improvements soon.

BK

Quote Originally Posted by Bkeef View Post
    From 1500-23/2400 feels almost sluggish. And the jeep definitely smells rich at idle. Clearly smell gas exhaust smell after sitting.
    I've noticed the rich exhaust smell after parking also. I don't think idle is the problem. NOLAjeeper has a fuel ratio gauge on his jeep, and it shows idle in the 14.7-15.1 range (slightly on the lean side). Data logs show a lot of subtraction of fuel in the 1500-2700 rpm range (as much as -23%), so I suspect it's running rich in that range, which could also be the cause of the general sluggishness in that area. That's also the general RPM range that you would be driving "normally" in just prior to parking and exiting the jeep, which would explain the fuel smell right after parking.

In your opinion, is your jeep now MORE sluggish below 2500 rpm than it was before the turbo? It's been so long since my engine was stock now that I can't remember for comparison. I can't tell if it's actually weaker than stock, or if it just feels weak in comparison to how strong it is over 3000 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkeef View Post
    Spoke with Dan and those guys are getting a test stand set up in the shop and are focusing on perfecting this tune. Expect some real improvements soon.
    Are they actually setting up a turbo engine on an engine dyno for testing/tuning? I spoke with Dan briefly and he mentioned getting photos of an engine with the turbo kit on an engine stand, so I thought it was going on a stand just for a photo shoot.

I'm with you it's hard to tell if below 2500 feels stock or just less powerful than above. I feel like it's maybe a hair less. It's easy to push pass but I think my fuel economy should he better. I'm only seeing 17 which was essentially that before turbo. I need more time behind the wheel as I've only driven a few miles so far

On the engine. He mentioned photos but also said wes had a new 2015 motor which they were putting in a jeep to tweak the tunes. They put stage 3 on the back burner for now. Sorry ifmy earlier post was confusing. I have faith they will get this turned quickly especially once they spend time on it.

If all of us are seeing the same 1500-2500 lag then we should collectively share that so they can focus on that first IMO

BK

New to forum, 2015 JKU with 3.5 AEV, Prodigy Stage 2

My ripp jk which is a 13 also feels sluggish under 2500 its wierd with this advanced pentastar. My air fuel reads 14.4-14.7 idle constantly but at 1600 it will quickly read 15.4 then drop to 14.4 again cruising or above 1600. I think the reasom being could be it the engine goes into ecomode or some stupid epa thing to keep fuel economy good and use less fuel when cruising at 55 and the rpms are lower then 1600

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    My ripp jk which is a 13 also feels sluggish under 2500 its wierd with this advanced pentastar. My air fuel reads 14.4-14.7 idle constantly but at 1600 it will quickly read 15.4 then drop to 14.4 again cruising or above 1600. I think the reasom being could be it the engine goes into ecomode or some stupid epa thing to keep fuel economy good and use less fuel when cruising at 55 and the rpms are lower then 1600
    The RIPP should not lag down low, how much weight is on your truck?