Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    So I'm about 40 miles of driving the Adam's shafts and already thinking towards regular maintenance. They come fitted with zerks and were well greased from the factory. How often are you guys greasing your shafts?
    Well that will depend on the type of usage and driving conditions you have. But I grease mine about once every 3 months.

How often are you guys greasing your shafts?
    Depends on how often my wife has a headache.

****MODERATED****

This thread was spiraling out of control with a number of posts that had nothing to do with driveshafts.

I moved all that yap to the Yoinkers thread -

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?23...u-re-funny-guy

Im all for an open forum, I dont want to control it, Let the opinions fly. BUT we as a group are here share info on mods for guys before they spend their own money and time. I didnt want the information in this thread lost in a sea of back and forth over things off the subject.

GAME ON!

So does the rig feel any different? those shafts are heavier than normal, does your truck feel the extra weight?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    So does the rig feel any different? those shafts are heavier than normal, does your truck feel the extra weight?
    I'm not sure about Snarf, but my 1350 shaft did not make a single difference on how the Jeep drives. You would never have guessed that anything changed (well, minus the fact that it got rid of the horrible sound of my old front drive shaft boot slapping against my exhaust as it was getting ripped apart.)
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    Absolutely ZERO difference in driveability around town. Zero noises, zero shimmy, zero drama. That's in 2wd and 4wd/hi/lo in the snow. No vibrations (had her up to about 80) in any way. I'm crawling under tomorrow to re-check the nuts/bolts but I think I'm good to go otherwise. I'll keep this updated as I take her off road for real..see how she does under flex. I really can't imagine anything will happen. I'm just thrilled I no longer have to worry about my stock shaft exploding due to my lift and hard wheeling.

Spent at least 5 hours out driving in the snow yesterday (we got just shy of a foot). Lots of time on hills in 4 low, and side roads in 4 high. Still zero vibrations, noises, or trouble from the driveshafts. I'm comfortable saying that these were a great decision for my Jeep. I look forward to not worrying any more about stock driveshafts exploding while off roading!

Spent at least 5 hours out driving in the snow yesterday (we got just shy of a foot). Lots of time on hills in 4 low, and side roads in 4 high. Still zero vibrations, noises, or trouble from the driveshafts. I'm comfortable saying that these were a great decision for my Jeep. I look forward to not worrying any more about stock driveshafts exploding while off roading!

I started to get a drivetrain vibration yesterday at lunch time. Got back to the office, crawled under the jeep and saw that the four bolts holding the rear 1350 to the transfer case flange were coming loose. I put some good torque on them when I installed them but I think I'll do more this go round! Also, I'm feeling some additional lock-tite is called for! Alls well that ends well but just a heads-up to those installing driveshafts, check the parts daily after you install until you're comfortable that they were tight. I checked mine on days 2 and 3, but it took about 200 miles for me to notice they were coming loose.