Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    You guys seem bent on weight... And bent on 37s.

is weight a big deal with smaller tires? Or should i make my tire pick based on weight rather than tread?
    I think the first thing you should consider is your location and how you are going to use you jeep. Then pick the style that suits your driving conditions. Then compare all the brands that make that style tire and compare their weights. Finally pick which one fits within your budget.

I think I figured a way to make 37s lighter than 35s on the same wheels I'm already running(aev saverge). Do away with the spare, mount a viar system under the hood( cheaper than a 37"tire), and keep a plug kit in the center console. I would also be able to drop an additional 39 lbs from my swing away spare tire carrier. I've never not run a spare, and the worst damage I've had to a tire was easily fixed with a plug. Another pro would be I could actually see out of my rear window before backing over a Prius. Haha. Also this would lower my COG.

I want your input on the above thought process. I'm also wondering if my aev 2.5 lift with flat flares and 37s will help or hurt my articulation off road vs the same lift with the current 35" tires