Close

View Poll Results: Which Supercharger would you pick?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIPP

3 37.50%
  • Magnuson

2 25.00%
  • Sprintex

2 25.00%
  • Other

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Here's another question... Which SC is the quietest in operation?

I don't know anything about sprintex. RIPP and PRODIGY are tied for the cool sounds award. Mag is less noticeable.

When I roll into a jeep show slow, I keep it in low gear, and let the rpm climb, people ALWAYS tell me BB sounds like an Fighter Jet.

That whistle....oooooo that whistle. You know something is lurking under the ram air hood. Nothing on this truck is for show.

With the turbo, the PSSSSSSSSSST blow off is where the money is at. both equally good.

I have the Sprintex and can tell you that the power is impressive. However, the initial tune isn't perfect. The most frustrating part is that some days it feels pretty decent, other days it seems like there is more surging and stumbling. They are working on a getting me a second tune based on my logs, so we'll see. Like all the others, you have to lift-to-shift under heavy throttle. The twin screw sound is noticeable, but not annoying. Look through the thread about the Sprintex unit and you'll see a video posted by icheer4beer. You'll hear exactly what it sounds like.

The install took me a couple days, but I worked slowly and took some pics along the way. There are some fasteners on the backside of the unit that are knuckle busters, but other than that, the install is pretty straight forward. I received a bad wiring harness with the kit, so that delayed things by a week during the install. Now I'm just waiting for a tune... I think you'll find that with any of the options listed, it will required patience. If you've read through all the different forced induction threads, you'll see that almost everyone has had some sort of issue. Those issues differ in severity and time towards resolution, but there's always something. If your expectations are realistic, you'll be better off. From what I can ascertain, the V8 swaps are awesome, but the price is not.

If you have any specific questions regarding the Sprintex unit, let me know. I'll try to answer as quickly and completely as possible.

Randy

I feel like all of them are generally the same. where do you want your power? low? mag sprintex, mid high? ripp prodigy.

all different roads to the same end.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    I feel like all of them are generally the same. where do you want your power? low? mag sprintex, mid high? ripp prodigy.

all different roads to the same end.
    Great question. At this point, I don't think I really care too much where the power is located in the RPM curve. They are all producing great power and I'm sure all will be equally enjoyable. There are soooooo many other factors that come in to play about drive-ability such as tire size, gearing, auto/manual, driving style, driving location, etc. that at the end of the day it seems the only thing that matters is that there is MOAR HP!

For me, I'm now getting down to things like ease/difficulty of install. Can you order it with a high elevation pully already installed, and will the tune work for that correctly out of the gate. Does it require a change to the oil filter. How loud is it. Which company is going to be more responsive to getting their tune right. Which company has an SC that is more likely to work right out of the box on a stock engine with no other modifications. Obviously price is a factor, but less so because this is already such a big price and an important thing to get right that I'll happily spend an extra $1k up front if the SC works as described out of the gate, versus saving $1k on a different SC and having nothing but problems with it.

At this point I'm leaning towards the Magnuson SC. I was sort of hoping that more people would be voting in the poll I included on this thread so I could get a better feel of what the overall Jeep community here was sensing was the better SC. So far it is a three way tie between the three people that have voted, so that didn't really help ;-) If I am going to pull the trigger on this, I'm not doing anything until winter is over and the weather turns nice. Anything could change between now and then that might sway me towards a different SC.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Which Supercharger would you go with?

For me the few things that led to ripp is 1 the stock belt is used with the standard pulley so you can get a new belt from any store for the engine 2 its a vortech blower which is tried and proven and 3 the intake temp sensor reading post cooled air which helps monitor the engine while driving

there will soon be another roots option. Edelbrock
    page 148 http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/misc/catalogs/

Right in that video, the Edelbrock rep says they use the Eaton TVS 1320 supercharger, which is exactly what Magnuson uses. The difference will potentially be in the rest of the supporting parts in the kit, tuning, customer support, etc. But it's essentially the same thing.

Makes me wonder if it really is an independently-designed kit using the same supercharger, or if it's just a re-branded Magnuson.

Just looked at the Edelbrock catalog, and it says "designed, cast and manufactured by Edelbrock", so it's only the main supercharger component itself that is shared with the Magnuson. General torque curve and gains should be very similar to the Magnuson, so now it's competition for price, fine-tuning (driveability), and customer support.

That's cool: Edelbrock designed theirs to allow access to the stock oil filter. Magnuson does not have enough clearance to get the stock oil filter, so they provide a special multi-piece reusable oil filter that can be removed with the limited space.

the Eforce looks like it is off set to the drivers side and has the notch for the filter (different solution to the filter issue) looks like it may sit further forward as well. I think the only parts the same are the rotors. he said independent runners anyone got a pic of the bottom and top of the mags manifold?