Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything's not a simple black/white, good/not good, care/don't care. For each attribute, the Jeep is somewhere on a wide spectrum of good/bad and the level of importance I place on each attribute is on a wide spectrum of care/don't care. Certain attributes I cared more about allow me to deal with certain other attributes that are not exactly what I prefer, but care less about.

For example, off-road capability had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to purchase a Jeep. I had not even considered the possibility of taking it off road. Now that I've taken it off road and enjoyed it, I will continue to look for opportunities to take advantage of that capability, and maybe even do some minor modifications to improve that capability a bit. But off-road capability still is not a major priority (especially more hard-core stuff like rock crawling, deep mud, and river crossings... just not my thing).

Just like nearly everything else in life, tire size is a compromise between many things, and I've done a lot of research already to settle on a compromise that will work for me.

A big clue about my priorities is that my first major mod to the Jeep was to install a turbo, and the only reason I have a lift is because the turbo required it

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    A big clue about my priorities is that my first major mod to the Jeep was to install a turbo, and the only reason I have a lift is because the turbo required it
    Seriously - before you hang up your hat on the 33s, just consider the 35 duratracs. They look REALLY good with a mild lift like you have, perform well, aren't terribly expensive, not so heavy, last forever, and work ok off road if you need them to!

Sorry to offer the really unsolicited opinion (my bad for bringing it up), but its too late now and you know what opinions are like.