Everything's not a simple black/white, good/not good, care/don't care. For each attribute, the Jeep is somewhere on a wide spectrum of good/bad and the level of importance I place on each attribute is on a wide spectrum of care/don't care. Certain attributes I cared more about allow me to deal with certain other attributes that are not exactly what I prefer, but care less about.

For example, off-road capability had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to purchase a Jeep. I had not even considered the possibility of taking it off road. Now that I've taken it off road and enjoyed it, I will continue to look for opportunities to take advantage of that capability, and maybe even do some minor modifications to improve that capability a bit. But off-road capability still is not a major priority (especially more hard-core stuff like rock crawling, deep mud, and river crossings... just not my thing).

Just like nearly everything else in life, tire size is a compromise between many things, and I've done a lot of research already to settle on a compromise that will work for me.

A big clue about my priorities is that my first major mod to the Jeep was to install a turbo, and the only reason I have a lift is because the turbo required it