Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    Bigger is better. Bigger is better Timmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ow9Ij8XUHs

And if possible wear a viking helmet and smoke a fine Cigar!
    Ok, now post a video where yukon gears fail. They are garbage right? should be plenty of videos on failure.

The truth is, yukon is the best option in gears. If they are not your choice in gears and axles, then you are on a budget. Does anyone else promise silent gears?

Now to the driveshaft. have you driven yet? any difference in driving? any noise? vibration?

So is that your rig in the video?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Yoinkers... You're funny guy...

Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post

Quote Originally Posted by YOINKERS
    Ok, now post a video where yukon gears fail. They are garbage right? should be plenty of videos on failure.

The truth is, yukon is the best option in gears. If they are not your choice in gears and axles, then you are on a budget. Does anyone else promise silent gears?

Now to the driveshaft. have you driven yet? any difference in driving? any noise? vibration?

So, as you can see my truck is much bigger than a Jeep. I used to belong to an offroad club they didn't take to well to my one rule if you buy crap parts I leave you stranded in the woods! It is sort of a culling of the heard philosophy I have. Survival of the fittest if you will. Social Darwinism at its most basic level. They also didn't like the fact I left 20inch deep ruts by 18 - 20 inches wide. I don't do clean up, I do demo work only! It was my short and very unproductive time within that club that learned to facts: 1) never buy Yukon Parts and 2) just because people can put stuff on their trucks usually doesn't mean they understand it one bit.

So, I've been accumulating all the parts i need for truck's rebuild over the last 3-4 years. For awhile I had an obsession with CTIS (I still like like it) but I've decided that the extra expense of putting M35A3 axles and CTIS system doesn't out weigh the extra costs associated with it. Especially, since I found out from the company that manufactures it that it wouldn't be easily winterized for -40F or lower temperatures. So, I've abandoned that idea-- I would like to see what the Kraz Trucks use for CTIS it works in -65 reliably, so maybe I'll call them up and is if I can purchase that system.

So, here are the parts I either have or am in the process of purchasing:

CAT 3116 Mil Spec 170hp at 2700rpm with 420ft-lbs of torque at 1550rpm going to uprate it to 210hp possibly 230hp at 2700rpm looking for a peak torque of about 520-620ft-lbs at 1550rpm without MW-50. With MW-50 290hp to 310hp at 2700rpm and peak torque about 620ft-lbs to 720ft-lbs.

Eaton Fuller 6spd Manual Gear Box-- with OD rated 860ft-lbs of torque.

3 ARB Airlockers -- for 2.5ton Rockwell Axles

Dual Circuit Break System

Air-ride Seats

Hard Top

Fuel Fired Personal heater and Coolant Heater heater for cab.

Some new odds and ends in the cab

Ouverson Front Axle Kit Ouverson Axle Shafts for the Tandem units, Girdles for all three axles, Gear Sets 6.72:1 for all three axles.

Custom T-Case Gears-- rated to handle 5000Ft-lbs of input torque and output torque of about 60,000ft-lbs.

Drive Shafts custom rated to handle 8,5000ft-lbs of torque.

7 MPT 81 365/85R20 Tires--

7 custom bead locking 2 piece rims 20"x10" for tires.

20K LB Hydraulic Front Winch

So, yeah I have a budget about 50K... I've already spent about 12,000K on the project and I'm still collecting parts and when I get them all hopefully by the end of the summer I'll install them. So, what were you saying about being on budget like it is a dig? Yeah, I am on a budget a 50K one! And when I'm all done Alaska's Arctic here I come.

So, yeah I don't think much of Yukon Products. I also do not think much of mall crawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    So is that your rig in the video?
    That's the Duke, which is my M35A2. I've owned it for 8 years now. I love it. But it does have problems-- things I'm improving. ANd that is me with the Viking Helmet and Cigar.... I need a better Viking Helmet too... I found really cool one on the internet that I am going to purchase.

That's the Duke, which is my M35A2. I've owned it for 8 years now. I love it. But it does have problems-- things I'm improving. ANd that is me with the Viking Helmet and Cigar.... I need a better Viking Helmet too... I found really cool one on the internet that I am going to purchase.
    So, tell us about your Jeep! The Duke is cool and all, but no offense, I'm more interested in hearing about Jeeps.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

It is a jeep-- it was made by kaiser-jeep in 1970.

It is a jeep-- it was made by kaiser-jeep in 1970.
    Sorry, still not interested in hearing much about it. BTW, nice that you claim it's a Hummer when you want it to be a Hummer (say in the poll I had created) and now call it a Jeep when you want it to be a Jeep.

I already drive a wildcard-- AM General M35A2 it has been my daily driver for 8 years now. Other then my company truck.
    Last edited by Timmy; 02-25-2015 at 01:08 PM.

You should never leave someone behind just because of their choice of equipment. Every persons budget is different. There's no reason to treat people as such. We are all trying to enjoy the same pastime. I also don't take lightly to people who tear sh** up and doesn't give a crap whether they do or not. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad rap and the reason why many off road clubs have to continue the fight to keep ORV parks open. I can see why you had a short stay in that club.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Sorry, still not interested in hearing much about it. BTW, nice that you claim it's a Hummer when you want it to be a Hummer (say in the poll I had created) and now call it a Jeep when you want it to be a Jeep.
    In 1967 Studebaker went belly up and they Sold Kaiser the General Production Division- this included the military contract for the 2.5 and 5 ton vehicles. Kaiser gave the Indiana Production facility over to Jeep. The Trucks were rebadged from 1968 onwards as Kaiser-Jeep M35A2's or the five ton models were called M54's. In 1970 Kaiser was purchased by Renault. But due to the laws at the time no foreign company could own a company producing vital military products. The Kaiser-Jeep Division was sold to American Motors Company. They Created for the Military Contract the AM General Badge for the military trucks. However, trucks were already on the production line from 1970-1971 were all badged with left over Kaiser-Jeep Badges since they were still in supply. Since my truck is a 1970- it is hard to tell if the truck is truly just an Am General or Kaiser-Jeep Product since it could have been started as a Kaiser-Jeep product and finished as Am General product. Also at no time did I call it a hummer. You had a poll option for wildcard not a jeep-- I picked that one.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 02-25-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    You should never leave someone behind just because of their choice of equipment. Every persons budget is different. There's no reason to treat people as such. We are all trying to enjoy the same pastime. I also don't take lightly to people who tear sh** up and doesn't give a crap whether they do or not. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad rap and the reason why many off road clubs have to continue the fight to keep ORV parks open. I can see why you had a short stay in that club.

I'm there to do my thing-- if you didn't prepare correctly[purchase the best stuff possible] or cannot handle the terrain-- I leave you in the dust. I find it a great imposition by people to expect to be molly-cuddled by other people who are better prepared or better equipped. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I prefer to go off road alone. However, that being said I feel no obligation to damage my vehicle rescuing yours. So, yes, I will leave you in the ditch every time. I might even laugh at you and point as I drive by. If it is a water obstacle I'll pull you the person out of the water-- the ark you sank in-- no! Better get that vehicle some water wings.

My truck is 13,500lbs unloaded and 18,500lbs fully loaded off road-- so you figure out of course it is going to leave marks on the Earth it is impossible not to. If it rains and you have soft ground I will dig in 20 inches deep and create furrows the size of my four dual rear tires. That is a fact of life. I like the big stuff and it does more damage that is just the reality of playing with the big stuff. I usually, like to play in rock quarries and other areas where plenty of damage is already done to minimize it. However, that being said I'm hell on a good field in Spring with V-bars acting like mud chains. I really need a more aggressive type of chain for Alaska.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 02-25-2015 at 04:06 PM.