Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
I think that had to do with the older design on the carrier part itself. It has been redesigned. I just installed the same carrier a couple weeks ago. My issue is that my tire can't sit up against the hinge like it specifies due to my JCR rear bumper. It doesn't have the notch for the tire to sit in like the OEM or other bumpers. I even pressed the studs into the 37" tire location even though I am running 35s, for now, so the tire sits at the highest location.
Ahh yes, I think you are right. I had been researching this today since ljvsnyder brought it to our attention. It does appear that early on Teraflex had an issue and has redesigned the bracket and weld a bit, of which I believe I have the new design. That being said, I'm going to keep a close on eye it. It's pretty easy to check whenever I'm putting groceries in the back ;-)

Bummer that you can't get your tire up close. I could have actually installed mine in the 35" slots and the tire would have literally rested on the back bumper perfectly. It went back and forth about which being better, resting on the bumper, or being pushed all the way to brackets in the 37" holes. I opted for the latter because I was worried that possibly the rear door would not latch correctly if the bracket drooped at all and thus had the tire hit sooner on the bumper.

Either way, thanks guys for the input!

BTW... Metalcloak control arms are on order! Can't wait to get rid of these stupid squeeks. Now I have to decide when I'm going to pull the trigger on the bumper because the slight rubbing is getting annoying. Right now, I'm a rolling sound machine when I come into the parking lots between the squeeks and the tire rub. I'm sure people are looking at me like "idiot, doesn't know how to put a Jeep together." They're probably right ;-)