Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    It is a DD for me (though I have my other vehicle as needed, it's only a DD because it's fun to drive.) I really don't drive 75 Mph very often. I just ran to the airport yesterday, and shoot, the highway speeds are only 60-65mph. I'd pretty well have to drive to Idaho to get to 75mph speed limits. I do that on occasion, but not a ton.
    If your truck is a DD in any respect then lean toward the lower ratios. I have 4:10's and a supercharger (soon to be hemi). I drive mostly on the road and mostly at irresponsible speeds (this post will be in evidence at my trial). I love my setup. Most guys focused on being off road want/need something taller. I thought hard about 4:56s and would think that they will serve you well in most situations. At some point when I wake up from my drunken binge spending and am ready for my next "bender" I plan on upgrading to Dynatrac axles. At that time I'll probably go with 4:56s. Every time I do the math 4:88s and taller gears result in too high RPMs for my comfort everywhere but in the dirt (unless you've got 40" tires). Just my thoughts.

BTW - nice looking truck.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    At that time I'll probably go with 4:56s. Every time I do the math 4:88s and taller gears result in too high RPMs for my comfort everywhere but in the dirt (unless you've got 40" tires). Just my thoughts.

BTW - nice looking truck.
    Thanks for the comments. I think you're right, 4.56's sound the best for now. Since I have manual, I can always downshift easily enough, but if you are in 6th gear on the highway and it has too high of RPM, well, there's nothing you can do about that. I'd rather 6th gear be a hair too short on the highway then too tall.

Thanks for the compliment. I get comments about it all the time when in town but really the only thing different about it than a standard Sahara is the lift and tires. That will change this year though as I get a new bumper, hood, front lights and 50" light bar and who knows, maybe some type of decal on it as well (like a big picture of South Park's Timmy on the hood, that would be funny, and the "Timm-ey" sound as the horn, ba haha.)
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.