Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
Looks good, you should challenge the boyfriend with an off road adventure and he can drive the Subaru. Make sue you take plenty of recovery gear, you will be towing him a lot. From the looks of the 37's you may need to upgrade those fenders and chop the bumper.
Oh believe me, if he actually OWNED a vehicle, I would. Really nice kid, but honestly, he was riding with us and made a comment that Subaru's were made in German. I told him "I hate to burst your bubble, but Subaru's aren't German. You know what a Rice Burner is right?" Well, you can imagine the rest of the story.

Yep, fenders and bumpers on the list. I've actually been prepping for 37" tires for a while, and I was going to do fender and bumpers before the 37" tires, but the opportunity came up so I jumped on it. I can't really go banging around off-road right now because I know I'll rub on the fender. When I back up and turn sharp, the bumper rubs. So... I'm going to get the new bumper here pretty quick to at least take care of that.

Fortunately I already have the Teraflex rear tire carrier, so at least I don't have to upgrade that, but I do need to go get a new 37" Toyo mounted on my spare as it is still holding my 35" Baja's. Why in the world people only buy and sell 4 tires at a time on craigslist is beyond me. A complete set to me is 5 tires. Oh well, saved enough money by buying on CL to save on the cost of a new spare ;-)