Woo hoo! Just upgraded to 37" tires. Found a set of almost new Toyo's at a good price that I just couldn't pass up on Craigslist.

My previous were Micky T Baja ATZ's. I also run DuraTrac studded in the winter. I must say, these 37" tires are smoother and quieter on the road than the Baja ATZ's, which is incredibly surprising to me given that they have much wider spaced lugs on them. The upgrade came sooner than I was expecting as I was planning on getting other things upgraded in preparation first, but I figured it would be drivable enough as it was. My only issue right now is that I am getting a touch of front bumper rub when I crank the wheel hard and hit a bump. I'm actually finding it rubbing in three different spots. I was planning on upgrading to an AEV bumper, so that just moved up on the list (it was my next upgrade anyway.) They are also rubbing slightly on the air deflector under the bumper, which I'll lose with the AEV bumper, so I don't really care. There is slight rub on the front inside fender down at the bottom by where the step is located, but it just needs a little more securing to get it tighter to the body and it should be good to go. I know if I get flexing this that the fender itself will rub, so down the road I'll probably switch out to flat fenders.

On the power side of things. I'm still running the 3.73 axle ratio (it's a manual trans.) It's not horrible, and in fact the change was less dramatic than I was expecting from the 35" tires. It is still 100% drivable in every day traffic. I'm just holding in a lower gear a little longer, so really, it's only 1st gear and 6th gear that are the biggest issues. I think I'm going to follow Ross's lead on this one and only upgrade to 4.56 gears. I think 4.10 gears would have been more than fine for the 35" tires, so 4.56 should be great for the 37". That being said, I'm looking forward to hearing from FerrariFast on this as I know he just got his Jeep with the same tire setup, but went with 4.88 gears (granted he got a supercharger as well!)

Looks wise... Well... When I bought the Jeep with the 35x12.50R20 tires on it and 4" lift, I always felt it looked a high-school-ish, like the Jeep was trying to jump off the tires. Now, it looks proper. Today my point was proven perfectly. I picked my daughter up from school and her boyfriend told her "the tires look too big on your dad's Jeep." And... point for dad. Only a high school student would make such an outlandish comment, and this is the same kid that thinks an AWD Subaru could go anywhere my Jeep could go.

As we all know, pics hardly do justice, but here you go...

Before with 35" Micky T Baja ATZ's on 20" XD Bully wheels
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140420_18_48_07_Pro.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	1524

After with 37" Toyo Open Country M/T's on 20" XD Bully wheels
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150301_11_59_57_Pro.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1525

Ps. If someone could send me a link to what type of gear I need to purchase, I'd be grateful. I've looked on northridge4x4 (they are in Seattle, just 4 hours from me so shipping is quick) but there are so many different gear options I'm not sure what all I would need for a 4.56 gear change.