Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trying to decide on a new bumper

So i am getting ready to buy my front bumper and have narrowed it down to these:
    Rockhard

Body armor

Smittybilt

Different than the others but this is a consideration as well I like the light weight, but the added parts gets the price a little more than I would want to go, but since I could buy the parts over time it might not be a bad idea.

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...&cat=23&page=1

True stubby bumpers will not work as I see them as a safety issue on a daily driver and that they are illegal, and with me working as a prosecutor I don't need anything to get in trouble over.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Of those choices I would choose the LoD. I really like their products and quality. My second choice would be the Rock Hard or Body Armor. Smitty would be a last resort.

With the Armor Lite bumper do I have to move the vacuum pump, I wouldn't think so, but northridge4x4's ordering system requires you to select it. Also does anyone know of an discounts for any of these bumpers?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

I like the Smittybilt because of how the winch integrates in the bumper.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    With the Armor Lite bumper do I have to move the vacuum pump, I wouldn't think so, but northridge4x4's ordering system requires you to select it. Also does anyone know of an discounts for any of these bumpers?
    If you have a 12 or newer you have a vacuum pump. Select it.

LOD is a good bumper. I think JG wears one. It also leaves the options open for flares. Since its kinda in between full and stubby.

Thanks for the replies. The smittybilt was my first choice, but it has been delayed several times. I believe the appeal of all of these is the fact they will all work with factory or flat fenders.

I say..... Look at the AEV bumper if you are staying stock. BUT look for the one without that silly bar on it. That is a very sexy look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New AEV COD version.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	1526

Trying to decide on a new bumper

Aev bumpers are nice but it looks to stock to me plus they are extremely proud of their products. What silly bar thing are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    I say..... Look at the AEV bumper if you are staying stock. BUT look for the one without that silly bar on it. That is a very sexy look.

Name:	New AEV COD version.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	1526
    Haha, to me, the bar is the best part of the AEV bumper! They are the only one that got it right. It's a nice thick bar, positioned with a slight back slant to it, and low enough that the Jeep logo peers out just above it. Second is the ARB bumper with bully bar, but you'll notice they position the bar slightly higher and you can't see the Jeep logo as well.

AEV

Name:	custom-jeep-rubicon-front-grill.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	1528

ARB

Name:	2013-jeep-wrangler-billet-front.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	1529
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Man those are some huge lights, anyone ever see the output of those?