Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Very nice! How funny, I just put my ARB bumper on this weekend. Wish I could say my install went as smoothly, however, I learned just how in-accurate the Ausie's are in the fabrication process.

Here's the good/bad about the ARB bumper:

GOOD
  • Looks great
  • Powder coating is awesome
  • Has hi-jack lift points
  • Has some nice pre-drilled holes for mounting other gear
  • Cheaper than AEV (if you are looking for a full width.)

BAD
  • Fabrication is not exactly accurate, had numerous mount points not lining up
  • Instructions leave something to be desired, a few extra words here and there would save a ton of time, let alone more pictures (in color would be a plus.)
  • Some very stupid design decisions. They have you drill two new holes in the bumper when they could have just added a few inches on the bumper to reach to existing holes already in place.
  • Mounting of fog lights is retarded. Uses too long of bolts that get bent on install. Can't replace fog lights without removing the entire bumper.
  • They literally include a "bag" of nuts, bolts, washers, etc. Took me easily an hour to line up the right bolts with the manuals various steps and separate everything out in a logical manner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150418_23_34_49_Pro.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	1584

How do you know your Jeep isn't built to the maximum tolerances or slightly beyond it?