Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pypes HGC exhaust

they made it good and sent me a new muffler.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    they made it good and sent me a new muffler.
    That wasn't really my point. I would just like to hear what they said when faced with evidence of a product defect.

To me they did admit that there was an issue when I pointed out the evidence that I could feel the exhaust from the hole, and within a period of 30 minutes agreed to send me a new muffler and let me keep the old. I will post pictures of the weld difference between the two mufflers. It is a night and day difference.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

subscribed.

Also, RIPP Says they get 15 horses from their exhaust. That is a difficult number to swallow....JL are you going to put roll it on the dyno and make them put their money where their mouths are?

15 whp is a TON of power from an exhaust.

Is there an exhaust in the world that makes that much power?

Im sure ripp knows what they are doing, and I havent known their claims to be outlandish like some others with power numbers, but I dont know how freeing up the exiting air would gain that much power. even straight pipes.

It all depends on how much back pressure the engine had on it.

On instagram they said that the 15whp was with exhaust and intake system., which is why they say 10-15 in the information, maybe 10 by itself and 15 when combined. I will offer my jeep up as a test dummy.