Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spring Jeep Season Prep

Its getting warm out!

I have been getting the bug to wheel, but BB has had a few nagging things have needed attention. First, everyone knows ive had my flares painted, powdercoated, powdercoated again, and they never were really right. I just stripped them and had them powder coated to match the rock rails and bumpers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1544

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	1545

Name:	photo 2 (1).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1546

What do you guys think? Did I ruin them? Im not sold yet.

Next on my list is a suspension test. Im bringing the truck to OK4wd for them to cycle the suspension to make sure everything is tuned correct. I think the guy who did my gear change altered the geometry and didnt know how to put it back right. Not too far off, but not quite right.

It also gave me an excuse to go spy on gbaumann's hemi swap. (I might take the wrong jeep home by mistake on purpose, lol)

I'll also be stripping the KM2s for KO2s. Cannot wait for that. Stay tuned....

For the lazy you need provide a link or at least a decent description of the K02 tire... Now, I will have to go searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    For the lazy you need provide a link or at least a decent description of the K02 tire... Now, I will have to go searching for it.
    1000 pardons my lord!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/baja-fr...errain-ta-ko2/

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    1000 pardons my lord!

So what made you settle on these tires??? How well do they self-clean when it comes to mud? I like mud? Mud is your friend! I like mud and snow and mud with snow... you get the point.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 03-16-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Flares look great i like the color combo, had a similar look on my Ram

Looks great! Very unique. Keep the flares just like that!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I think I like the flares. Sort of ties in the carbon fiber hood with the black theme. They only work because the rails match - otherwise they'd stick out. I feel like I want to see a little more of the color towards the top of the vehicle...

...hey. You asked!

So I went to OK4wd today, my mechanic was a very knowledgeable young man, has a samurai he races. They adjusted my suspension and checked a bunch of stuff.

The mechanic drove it and listened to it. Then ripped it apart and checked everything. I suggest if you go, make a list of stuff you want them to look at in advance.

I think they look freaking awesome! Hoping to get flat fenders to replace the stock ones on my JKUR right after I re-gear. What brand are those? Maybe I can sneak the fenders in while it's at the shop and Household06 won't notice?! I've seen some name brand decent priced sets on Amazon. That hood is extremely cool and if you could let me know where to order...hopefully I can get it in fiberglass instead of CF...too hard to fix if I screw it up! Really awesome looking and running rig! Well done!
    LongbowDriver