Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
... I know I fit into the "other" category in your post. But let's go a little easy on the folks that buy them pre-built and pay the premium. They may be quite knowledgeable and capable but able to or need to prioritize their time differently. I think a dealer AEV could be a great cross country overland vehicle because it's serviceable at so many dealerships. Now, if you want to go after the guys who buy Porsches or Ferraris to compensate for something I'll join right in with you!
Haha, my apologies, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone that could and would purchase an AEV built one from the dealer. Before I bought my Jeep, I would look at the AEV built ones and think "how cool!" Now that I have my own and I'm building it up myself, I sort of get the "built" side of the hobby more than I did before. Like you, I could have purchased an AEV new off the lot. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would purchase a Jeep fully built up already and actually use it as intended, I know I would have, but they are few and far between. Also... Notice my "loser" comment was was referring to people who "don't know why it is good" [referring to the AEV build.] You clearly know your Jeeps, so you are far from the loser I'm referring to ;-)