Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    You're same age as my older brothers. I helped one do all the work on his CJ7 back in the mid eighties I was about 8-9 at the time. Then when I was 16 I bought a Willy's Cj2 I found for sale for 200 bucks. I drove that for like a summer and winter before it fell apart-- not illegal for road use but what the cops don't see won't hurt them. For awhile.
    I don't think I was a "teen" when we dragged the M-38 home. And from the moment we finished it my brother and I wanted an M-37!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Haha, my apologies, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone that could and would purchase an AEV built one from the dealer. Before I bought my Jeep, I would look at the AEV built ones and think "how cool!" Now that I have my own and I'm building it up myself, I sort of get the "built" side of the hobby more than I did before. Like you, I could have purchased an AEV new off the lot. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would purchase a Jeep fully built up already and actually use it as intended, I know I would have, but they are few and far between. Also... Notice my "loser" comment was was referring to people who "don't know why it is good" [referring to the AEV build.] You clearly know your Jeeps, so you are far from the loser I'm referring to ;-)
    I hear you. And I totally understand the "built" side of things. I'm seriously addicted to this. I tell people who ask me about my truck because they are considering buying a Wrangler that they are not considering buying a vehicle. They are considering joining a cult! I remember when I graduated from law school the hot clients to land in NYC were hedge funds. If you were on a legal team that "designed" a security instrument you were a rock star. (side note - all of those newly crafted securities were derivatives which didn't work out all that well). Now I feel like if you design and fabricate something for your build you're the rock star. Anyone can buy it off the shelf and bolt it on. But who among us can make the next mod.? That's why I like JeepLab. I feel like sharing with the group here and watching what you guys are doing will "spring forth" an idea and we can make it happen. I'm really giving thought to a "light" JK. Along the lines of Ross' King of Hammers buggy idea but streetable. I found a fabricator out there making aluminum JKU bodies. It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    I don't think I was a "teen" when we dragged the M-38 home. And from the moment we finished it my brother and I wanted an M-37!
    The Power Wagon is a cool looking truck. Dodge Six in it isn't a winner! That would need to go.

My brother does the fixing-- I do the breaking!

If there was an annual "talking out your ass" award given on this board I know who the front runner for my vote would be. In fact, he'd probably win one for every thread he posts in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    If there was an annual "talking out your ass" award given on this board I know who the front runner for my vote would be. In fact, he'd probably win one for every thread he posts in.
    So who would that be?

So who would that be?
    Probably me.

So how many people have played this song for you after hearing the name of your truck?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYkbTyHXwbs

I think I saw you out on the trail-- I would have to fire it up on the loud speakers!!!!

sort of like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRzLquFQZ-8

So how many people have played this song for you after hearing the name of your truck?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYkbTyHXwbs

I think I saw you out on the trail-- I would have to fire it up on the loud speakers!!!!

sort of like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRzLquFQZ-8
    I think that Ross has that as my Ringtone. We named it that for obvious reasons - a bit tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I think that Ross has that as my Ringtone. We named it that for obvious reasons - a bit tongue in cheek.
    I couldn't name a truck that brings up imagines of Rick Springfield myself. Rick is part of the dark times of 1980's pop-culture.