Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
It's reasonable estimation based on known drivetrain loss of a 5.7 Hemi Wrangler, comparing dyno charts to crank hp ratings. Again, read all the things I already stated about this being a best estimate with the available data, to be used for comparing general trends and relative differences. More specifically, for comparing large relative differences. Any area where the differences are very small could be well withing a margin of error of the assumptions.

The data I have so far is enough to see that the 6.4 Hemi will clearly destroy the superchargers throughout the RPM range, will destroy the turbo at low RPMs, but the turbo will likely have some level of advantage in the upper RPM range.

I'll gladly update everything as soon as someone produces an actual dyno chart of a 6.4 Hemi Wrangler. The amount of drivetrain loss becomes irrelevant then, because we'll have an actual measured torque curve at the wheels.

I read your statements. You're once again making too many assumptions based on too little data. You've derived this figure of 30-33% loss due to drive train without actually having any really good baseline information about the Pentastar Engine that I can see. You're seeing Wheel HP figures and attempting to working backwards to a Flywheel/Brake HP figure without having enough data about the engine. I've not seen one add on kit that talks about BHP and not WHP... In fact all of them state the fact that they only test on chassis dynos.. Which sort of makes me wonder what they are trying to fudge with the for marketing purposes. People will say "Oh Wow... It is has to be so much more at the flywheel..." and purchase this kit. And they don't take the engines out and really dyno them.

If you want to really find out how much your engine is loosing between transmission, transfer case, axles and so on you have to take the engine out and dyno it and find out what sort of power you're getting. And then if you want to talk about Jeeps in general you have to get a very respectable sampling size of all the possible combinations from the factory so you can say okay -- Engines alone had this tolerance in power +/- over the stated horsepower, then hook it up to the transmission and dyno that combination and that will give you the ability to see what the power loss is in that combination, then you can check out the axle ratio combinations. Then you can build a baseline and come up with same average performance numbers and say okay-- this what A JKU with 3.6L V6 and 6spd Manual with 4.10's averages out to or model x , z, y... and then you say okay lets play with this variable or that one. Right now all your data is vehicle specific and it is way too general to even make any meaningful conclusions about performance extending past a few controlled variables.

For example if this AEV kit makes 400Hp at it sees a 27% loss in power it is down to 292WHP ... I'm skeptical that you will see the types of losses you claim the wrangler is seeing. For example if the Ripp system creates 325 hp at the rear wheels and that is after it has lost a 1/3 of it's power that means it must have well over 400hp at the crankshaft! They want you to believe that you making what nearly 200hp extra at the crankshaft with a bolt on turbo kit and not affecting the compression ratio and so on. I could see a 125-136hp at the crank shaft and loss of about 30-40hp through the drive train at best.

I think you've done a lot of hard work but the problem is you need more data still to make any really interesting conclusions beyond that of your vehicle.