Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The 6.4 Hemi is the setup that we have the least info about: I have not yet seen a dyno chart of a 6.4 Hemi Wrangler.

However, I did find a dyno chart of a 5.7 Hemi Wranger, and it shows about 27% drivetrain loss compared to the crank power ratings: http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-sh...sults-89983/#b

click for full size

It's also easy to find dyno charts of 6.4 Challenger SRTs:

click for full size

If we make a big (but reasonable) assumption that the 6.4 Hemi Wrangler will also have about 27% drivetrain loss also, it's easy to take that 6.4 Hemi torque curve and scale it down accordingly. This is really the best estimate we could possibly come up with for the torque at the wheels of a 6.4 Hemi Wrangler right now.

So I've also taken data from JeepLab's dyno charts for stock, RIPP and Magnuson. I got torque curve data for the Prodigy turbo from Prodigy's dyno charts. Here they are all together in one chart for comparison:

click for full size

The 6.4 Hemi definitely has the all-around nicest torque curve. In the upper RPMs, the turbo has a significant advantage, even before taking into consideration the extra 400 lbs of the Hemi.

UPDATE: Here's a power chart, for those that like to think in terms of power rather than torque.

click for full size
    Last edited by UselessPickles; 04-06-2015 at 08:04 PM.