Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Ok, Ok, i know this is not one of those forums were people get flamed for asking a dumb question, and the atmosphere around here is all very friendly and educational. And thank god for that. So forgive my thread title. I was trying to get attention.

I dont know who really knows who around here so we may all be strangers, i know JL and Snarf hang out, and gbaumann and JL live near one another and all the jeeps have different gear and gearing.

Here is what Im getting to.... Black Betty, Vs. Cherry Bomb (did that name stick? I liked it) gbaumann's hemi. Maybe the turbo makes an appearance.

Not so much a pissing contest, but the actual facts of what we think would happen if we raced them..... And maybe provoke these two guys to find a stretch of pavement to answer all the questions.
    If you really want decent data you have to some serious technology on the truck for data recording and you have to have a controlled environment like a race track.

However, isn't the point of a Jeep to go off road? So shouldn't the test be something more off road associated?

This is what I would try to do-- put the trucks into a real off road conditions!
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-05-2015 at 05:48 AM.

Let's get all four power mods to the dyno for JeepLap Spring Dyno Day 2015. Then get them on the trail! As much as I'm dying to see the numbers I'm also looking forward to meeting some of you guys and getting a day out in the woods.

Comparing the SC Pentastar to the 6.4L hemi is easy for me in certain respects. I ran the Mag unit for almost 25,000 miles. It was a struggle to say the least due to the auto trans issues. But, of course, I know what forced induction does for the Pentastar because I could manually make conditions right and get her on boost when I wanted. I'm now driving the same truck with the 6.4L. So I'm experiencing it in real time. I'm not sure how to describe the difference. Every time I get in the truck convinced that I'm going to really study the differences I step on the gas and the logic center in my brain dumps all operations. The only result I get as output is a juvenile giggle that keeps looping until I turn the truck off.