Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The full secret is finally revealed! If you have all the skills, knowledge and tools necessary to completely rebuild/tune an engine for big power, then you can completely rebuild/tune an engine and get big power! No Way!

Really, the best-kept secret to more power is not Deisel, but the 2.0L Ecotec engine. People are getting up to 1500 hp out of them! Out of only a 2.0 inline 4 gasoline engine!

So there you have it. Obviously, the best path to more power is a 2.0 Ecotec engine, because it is proven that you can heavily modify them to make 1500 hp. Who's going to be the first to swap one into their Jeep and mod it for big power? It's easy, as long as you have the money, time, knowledge, skills and tools required to do a custom rebuild and tune of an engine!
    There is one difference-- I can make 4-53T perform with serious power and still be around long after the 2.2 Ecotec motor needs to be totally rebuilt.

Well you have to have to specific skill sets for many things in life. That doesn't mean you cannot acquire them to finish a project. I just happen to have an obsession with diesel since I was very young so I've leaned all I can about it. Also it will be much harder to make a 2.0L Gas engine make 1500hp on Pump Gas-- it might not even be possible. You can however, make a 4BT or 6BT diesel make those numbers on pump 40 Centane Diesel. So, that is sort of a nice thing to have going for you if you want big hp numbers...

The funny thing is if you get a few books on modifying Diesel Engines and Diesel Engine theory you can do this at home.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-13-2015 at 07:55 PM.