Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Huh... a video has now mysteriously appeared in the original post in this thread that suddenly the whole point of this thread more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Huh... a video has now mysteriously appeared in the original post in this thread that suddenly the whole point of this thread more clear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHEykVL9t4

All I See Now...

Although... that video hardly reveals the "secret to more power". The basic kit is only about 140 hp, and can be "turned all the way up" to push 250-300 hp. That's a whole lot of money and major conversion work for to get less power than the stock Pentastar. Then a whole lot more money to upgrade it to be more powerful.

(yes, I know there's other advantages to the huge low-end torque, but the title of this thread was "the secret to more power...", and in that regard, the initial post fails to deliver)

First you post a new thread simply stating that the secret to more power is diesel... without backing up the claim at all, or elaborating on it at all.

Then you rant about how there do exist diesel engines that make a lot of power, so therefore your statement was correct. None of them were applicable to the Wrangler.

Then you go back and modify your original post AFTER plenty of discussion has happened with something that actually is relevant to the Wrangler and deisel, making Timmy's initial response look somewhat idiotic (slick move there!).

So now your first post here essentially says "the secret to more power is a $21k engine swap on the Wrangler that actually has LESS horsepower than the stock Wrangler". So the secret to more power is less power?

I call you out on that and your response is a giant diesel engine that probably weighs as much as my entire Jeep and is nearly the size of my Jeep. Seriously... could you at least TRY to stay relevant? Who the f**k cares that a giant "largest motor ever built for a semi truck" can produce a metric shit-ton of power/torque? In case you haven't noticed, this is a Jeep Wrangler forum. That engine is never going into a Wrangler, so it has absolutely no relevance to a discussion of adding more power on a Wrangler forum.

The secret to more power....

i will bite, if i had a choice for a diesel wrangler that is what would be in mine. why better mileage and more low end torque. sure my 6 cylinder cummins was capable of more than 1000 whp, but it weighed close to 4000lbs. not practicle in our smaller wrangler. now cymmins new isb 4 cylinder with that is anticipated in the nissan frontier would be agood option for a next gen wrangler. however ford is proving tune ability with the ecoboost similar to diesels. so gas or diesel choose your poison.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Timmy looks the way he does because that is who he is! I cannot help that Timmy doesn't know as much about diesel engines and spoke too soon. I added the video to make it clear that people do want diesel conversions so it is a viable topic. I didn't care to show Timmy up at all in that post. My response did that when I picked apart his statements about no one races with diesels . Then I showed two of the most successful cars in Le Mans lately the Audi and the Peugeot. The Peugeot is straight diesel engine only setup and the Audi R-18 is a hybrid V6 Diesel-Electric deal (like a train). They are still diesel engined cars and they produce massive power on diesel fuel that you can get from any pump.

The Pickup only has a 5.9L engine and it can be fit into an older Jeep with a straight six engine. I couldn't' find a good 4BT really setup to produce massive hp-- but if you read enough diesel literature that is present you see that a diesel engine like the 4BT series are being tuned to perform on the street with 800-900hp at the rear wheels all day long on pump fuel. The 24V71 was only shown because unlike engines you find in funny cars that use Nitro-based fuels that add oxidizer to the fuel and therefore can burn more fuel efficiently this engine runs on Pump Fuel Cetane 40. i originally wanted a guy in Australia that I read about that has a 8v92 Twin Two Stage engine that makes 4000-4200hp. But I couldn't find the video on it.

The fact that diesel is far easier to modify and create massive hp levels than a gasoline engine. That is just a basic fact about the differences in the operations of the engines.

I absolutely love how KaiserBill goes back and edits his posts after people have replied and quoted them, sometimes changing the post entirely. Now that is a sign of a person secure in who they are.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

First you post a new thread simply stating that the secret to more power is diesel... without backing up the claim at all, or elaborating on it at all.
    Amen brother, preach it.

Then you rant about how there do exist diesel engines that make a lot of power, so therefore your statement was correct. None of them were applicable to the Wrangler.
    Uu huh! youz tellz em!

Then you go back and modify your original post AFTER plenty of discussion has happened with something that actually is relevant to the Wrangler and deisel, making Timmy's initial response look somewhat idiotic (slick move there!).
    Yyyyyyeeeessss sir, come-on now, preach it, let the truth be told, devil get back...

So now your first post here essentially says "the secret to more power is a $21k engine swap on the Wrangler that actually has LESS horsepower than the stock Wrangler". So the secret to more power is less power?

I call you out on that and your response is a giant diesel engine that probably weighs as much as my entire Jeep and is nearly the size of my Jeep. Seriously... could you at least TRY to stay relevant? Who the f**k cares that a giant "largest motor ever built for a semi truck" can produce a metric shit-ton of power/torque? In case you haven't noticed, this is a Jeep Wrangler forum. That engine is never going into a Wrangler, so it has absolutely no relevance to a discussion of adding more power on a Wrangler forum.
    Amen, amen, and amen. Let us all bow our heads, for Preacher Pickles has spoken and delivered us a good word. Amen.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Preacher Pickles
    Funny enough... I actually am a Reverend.
    I paid about $7 for a certificate that says so.
    And I have even used my authority to officiate a wedding