Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I absolutely love how KaiserBill goes back and edits his posts after people have replied and quoted them, sometimes changing the post entirely. Now that is a sign of a person secure in who they are.

What no derpy-derby? I was just taking your advice and making the topic easily understood by people with lesser cognitive powers. I thought it was self evident that I was speaking of all diesels; including those that Jeep themselves plan on putting into the Cherokee series vehicles from the factory to aftermarket factory models for the Wrangler. You seemed to think this was some sort of attack on Jeeps. And I merely felt it was necessary to clear up my intent. I'm sorry that you don't have the same love and respect for the diesel engine and its theoretical and practical achievements.

As for diesels that could fit in the modern Jeep JK and JKU series trucks-- obviously the older B-Series BT and ISB 3.9L engines and the new ISF series 2.8 and 3.8 L series engines. You might also be able to stick under the hood older DD 4-53T's and DD 3-71T's--- a fun option but it would require more effort but might be possible with crafty plumbing... The MAN D0834 Engine an inline 4 with displacement of 4.6L is rather compact and very nice-- plus it would once again bring the Jeep back into the fold of German Engineering--and in the house that Rudolf Diesel himself put on the map!!!! So, that has a nice symmetry to it.

As for the Wrangler V8 502 with fully computerized suspension-- you have to ask yourself if it is so capable why then did vehicle drive on such tame terrain? Not to mention such slow speeds.... Both of those facts make me ask is the suspension system up to the rigors of true off-road driving? If it stands up to hard use then I'm very impressed-- however, my feeling is that it is probably a very costly and temperamental system that is complex and failure prone.

While I couldn't find a video of the M35A2's tests for the US-- I did find the Russian Ural 4320 series video-- it has very similar capabilities.

I still find it amusing that after I soundly proved that Diesel vehicles can be fast and effective in motor racing and drag racing you seemed to have no comment? Are you saying that Peugeot's 20 wins with the HD908FAP vehicle is not impressive? Or Audi's dominance at Le Mans for nearly a decade and half with diesel cars is not also impressive? Or is it if it isn't found in our home grown arena of achievement it is meaningless? I would hope you would be more open minded about the possibilities of the diesel cycle! I think we should celebrate the birthday of Rudolf Diesel like that of Jesus Christ after all who's life is not affected by the diesel goodness in some positive fashion???