Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The secret to more power....

Become one with the diesely goodness!

The video was added later because Timmy pointed out to me in the below post that my post was in its original state too vague. So, I added this video not clarify my claims of power which I did in the response to his post-- but to merely make the post more relevant for people who don't have the same background in Diesel Engine Theory that I do.

He again commented on this fact on the second page and that is why I am now putting up this disclaimer. I do not like the Bruiser Conversion-- it is far too conservative in its power-- being only a stock swap. The point of the video is that diesel is a viable power option that appears to have some demand in the community! That is all.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-11-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    Become one with the diesely goodness!
    [@Disable KaiserBill_Derpy_Script]

Well, this IS why top-fuel funny cars are all diesels, right? Moar power. And let's not forget about cigarette boats, all the fast ones are diesel powered. And the fastest prop planes, yep, diesel powered. Nascar's, all diesels. Race bikes, again, diesel. Embrace the diesel, it creates MOAR power than all and is used for every major vehicle category when speed is on the line.

In an effort to bring SOME form of Jeep discussion back to the forums versus watching you attempt to seek the approval and accolades from a bunch of Jeep people on your military vehicle... This Jeep is CRAZY! Ahh shoot, I'll say it, this Jeep would destroy your deuce in an off-road battle. It would quite literally run circles around your precious deuce.

[@Enable KaiserBill_Derpy_Script]

2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I didn't say race applications were the best for diesels traditionally speaking. I simply said power and my statement is correct! You can turn a Cummins BT 4 (inline 4 cylinder and 3.9L) engine from 120hp to 800hp or more without really any effort. And that would fit into your Jeep very easily! And while traditionally speaking the Diesel Cycle is not the first choice of race cars mainly due to the fact that they have lower redline limits. Today's modern high-speed diesels can rev-up to almost 7000rpm. So, yeah if you could afford an Audi TDI V10 5.5L race engine you would get about 590hp and 774ft-lbs of torque. Or stick a Peugeot HDI 908 5.5L V-12 that made about +700hp. Myself, I care more about just simple power and well a cummins BT4 sucking on WM-50 with 80PSI of Boost and fuel pressure from the pump at about 100PSI is a 900+HP combination. Oh and this actually probably at the wheels... And the best part is you really don't have to all that much to the engine to these types of power out puts. Where as to get 900HP on pump gas for a 6.4Hemi conversion is a serious undertaking. Where as the BT4 modifications are very very simple to do.

So, perhaps, you might want to retract your statements and bring them into line with reality??? Or not... I'm just discussing power options-- i could care less about acceptance. You people want to talk about power and my suggestion is go Diesel. The Hemi Conversions and other V8 power options are okay. But if you want to play with pump fuels and not spend up to 100K on making the engine work at above 1000hp ratings-- Diesel is your only option really. Most of the engines you find in the $15,000 USD range that street engines top out at 700-800hp over a 1000-1500hp and you're looking at 30-45K and 1500-2500hp you're talking in the 60-100k price. So you take that same 15K and you spend it on a diesel and produce 1100Hp-1500hp easily. Spend about 100K and you can turn a big size diesel into a 3000hp to 4000hp monster! But, a nice little BT4 running a nice tune could easily get you +900hp at the wheels for about $8.500 and the rest is spent putting into the frame.

But that is why you don't get it. This is a perfect option for a Jeep if you ask me. It gives you everything you want more power, and more torque. And if you do it right you won't even have to worry about top end speed. So tell why isnt' a diesel option perfect for a Jeep's primary application? Other than you just don't know what you are talking about?
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-10-2015 at 05:36 PM.

The secret to more power....

Nascars don't turn 37s. Dump trucks do.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    I didn't say derpy derpity duuurp the derpity for derpity derpy duuurp.
    Actually, that's essentially what it looks like you said to me. Then again, everything you say looks like that to me

To me it makes perfect sense if you want lots of power and torque than a diesel is the best option. Some people like V8's well the Duramax and Cummins V8 diesel for pickups can be tuned to extreme levels as well. If I wanted to get 900Hp at the wheels from a Jeep my first choice would be diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Nascars don't turn 37s. Dump trucks do.
    11R22.5 is more like 42 inches in diameter and that is pretty standard on most road going vehicles. Myself, I like 14.5R20's and they average 43-45 inches in diameter and 14.5 inches wide and 14.86 inches wide.

Im pretty sure the DURAMAX is the best powerplant on earth.

Apologies to the Corvette LS7/LS9

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Im pretty sure the DURAMAX is the best powerplant on earth.

Apologies to the Corvette LS7/LS9
    There is a guy that had a truck on the cover of the Diesel Truck or Diesel Engine and it was a Duramax that made 675hp and it was his daily driver and could turn it up to 800hp very easily if he wanted to. So, the Duramax does have the ability to create some serious power if you want to do it.

Well, I like the Detroit Diesel Old School 2-stroke engines myself. They sound like a muscle car V8 and then sound like a raped ape when you get them to 2100-2300rpm.

But this is what I like!!!

Rock On Cork!!! Rock On!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Actually, that's essentially what it looks like you said to me. Then again, everything you say looks like that to me