Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The secret to more power....

i will bite, if i had a choice for a diesel wrangler that is what would be in mine. why better mileage and more low end torque. sure my 6 cylinder cummins was capable of more than 1000 whp, but it weighed close to 4000lbs. not practicle in our smaller wrangler. now cymmins new isb 4 cylinder with that is anticipated in the nissan frontier would be agood option for a next gen wrangler. however ford is proving tune ability with the ecoboost similar to diesels. so gas or diesel choose your poison.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    i will bite, if i had a choice for a diesel wrangler that is what would be in mine. why better mileage and more low end torque. sure my 6 cylinder cummins was capable of more than 1000 whp, but it weighed close to 4000lbs. not practicle in our smaller wrangler. now cymmins new isb 4 cylinder with that is anticipated in the nissan frontier would be agood option for a next gen wrangler. however ford is proving tune ability with the ecoboost similar to diesels. so gas or diesel choose your poison.
    The 3.8L ISF will fit as well and it could easily be tuned up to the same levels as the older B-Series 3.9L engines can. Plus, it comes with the new Holsten Variable Geometry turbo which has some cool potential for tuning.

I've never seen a Cummins N-Series block in the 855cid range weighing in more than 2800lbs. What sort of Cummins are you talking about the larger KT16 or KT19 series engines? Now DD's were always far heavier. However, the Cummins of 3.8 to 3.9L sizes tend to be less than 1500lbs fully loaded and if you tune one to 700hp with 1000ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheels the added weight isn't much of an issue for the most part.