Close

I have a question---

How many of you have put tire chains on your new jeep for either snow or mud service?

BB never needs traction. I sing the song from "the animal" commercial when she climbs through snow.

Who out there is old enough to know the words to that song?

Nothing can stop...... The animal
    Hahaha. I used to have it

Quote Originally Posted by Matsango View Post
    Nothing can stop...... The animal
    Hahaha. I used to have it
    great song. Now its in my head.... Those things were super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    BB never needs traction. I sing the song from "the animal" commercial when she climbs through snow.

Who out there is old enough to know the words to that song?

Sure, BB needs more traction--- everyone needs more traction. Especially, in heavy wet snow and ice...

See, if you want to go through 3-5 feet of snow you need to turn your tires into paddles.

I've not put any chains on a jeep. I've never been in a situation with more than 18 inches of snow. I have tire CABLES I keep in the car in case I get stuck in a surprise storm in the mountains or whatnot. I've used them and they are life-savers (perhaps literally).

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I've not put any chains on a jeep. I've never been in a situation with more than 18 inches of snow. I have tire CABLES I keep in the car in case I get stuck in a surprise storm in the mountains or whatnot. I've used them and they are life-savers (perhaps literally).
    I prefer the V-bar chains to cables myself. Of course cables are better for the road and they easier to put on the vehicle, but, nothing is better than a good set of aggressive v-bars or other type of heavy duty link design. I also like the Rudd Supergreifsteg model chains. However, I also believe in supporting the local business economy and Mr. Clothier is right in Vestal, NY so I set up an appointment to get my new tires measured and custom chains made for it. Stop some place like Rausch Creek after a major rain storm-- Let there be MUD!