Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The InTune (handheld tuner that comes with the Prodigy kit) does not do 0-60 or any other performance measurements like the Trinity does.

If you have an Android phone/tablet, you can get a bluetooth OBDII adapter and purchase the "Torque" app, which uses the OBDII adapter for monitoring, data logging, and also does 0-60 and 1/4 mile measurements.
    I have a BT adapter and paid torque app. I might have to do a 0-60 video. Depends on how much i value my clutch. I'm guessing its around 6 seconds or perhaps just under. But..my guess means nothing. its truly all about the launch and a 1st to second shift. I think the real beauty of the turbo is the passing performance..call it 20-60 or 30-90. That's where your drive-ability comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I have a BT adapter and paid torque app. I might have to do a 0-60 video. Depends on how much i value my clutch. I'm guessing its around 6 seconds or perhaps just under. But..my guess means nothing. its truly all about the launch and a 1st to second shift. I think the real beauty of the turbo is the passing performance..call it 20-60 or 30-90. That's where your drive-ability comes into play.
    Gotta get there in second gear or you have no shot at 6 seconds. I was only ever under 6 seconds COMPLETELY pushing 2nd gear into the red. If you have to shift again, you will not make it.

I think you might be screwed regardless with 4.88s. You might not do 60 in second gear.... Pickles? the math?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I think you might be screwed regardless with 4.88s. You might not do 60 in second gear.... Pickles? the math?
    Depends on tire size. I hit 64 mph at the end of 2nd gear with my 3.21 gears and 28.5" (actual size) stock tires.

So a quick calculation shows that you would need at least 40.6" (actual size) tires to hit 60 mph in 2nd with 4.88s

Here's a picture of the Precision turbo:

click for full size

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=1&theater

And here's a teaser video Prodigy posted on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=2&theater

A bit unrelated, but still a new thing from Prodigy, is that they now use TIG welding for their pipes:

click for full size

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=1&theater

Looks quite a bit nicer than the welds on my pipes. I've been told that the pipes cost quite a bit more to manufacture now because of this. I'm guessing this has something to do with the increased prices for the turbo kits on their website.